FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seven years ago today...

Author Topic: Seven years ago today...
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Exhausted, I lay on the bed, waiting. The stale turkey sandwich the nurse brought tasted like heaven, my stomach's reward for being so patient.

Yours was not an easy birth. Your heartbeat was compromised by the cord wrapped around your neck. My belly would tighten with the effort to bring you to our arms, and your tiny heart would beat slower, and slower, until the release of pressure brought back the incessant gallop.

The doctor was worried. He wanted to take me to the operating room, but you were too impatient, too anxious for life. I couldn't wait; there was too much pressure. And there you were, crying lustily, screaming at the shock of the open air and rough towels.

They took you immediately to another room. I was assured that you were fine, but the nurses couldn't hide the concern behind their eyes. I insisted that Daddy go with you, so I waited alone.

He came back, smiling. You were safe. My heart sang.

I ate that heavenly sandwich, and waited. I still hadn't held you.

The nurse brought you to my room. She put your bundled little body in my arms. I looked into your beautiful blue eyes, and I wept.

Happy birthday, my lovely girl. My Jennifer.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful, Boon. Thank you.

[ April 03, 2005, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
happy bday Jennifer.

[sing]Happy birthday to you.
Your momma is cool
Happy birthday dear Jennifer
From all Hatrack to you.[/sing]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Jennifer. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! *prepares to sing the "Birthday Polka"*

*thinks better of it* [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Is anyone else reading this thread title and thinking of Sgt. Pepper?)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Jennifer!!!

{and kq, no you aren't alone}

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Happy Birthday, Jennifer.

You are lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes away tear*

That was lovely, Boon.

Happy birthday, Jennifer! [The Wave]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Jennifer. What a wonderful age to be!

[Party]

[ April 03, 2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwww [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful. Happy birthday, Jennifer!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

*sniff*

I'm a sentimental softie lately.

*sniff*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.