FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Technically, you would only need one Time Traveler Convention.

Author Topic: Technically, you would only need one Time Traveler Convention.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense to me.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
But if there's only one convention, and people time travel and then go back and bring their friends again, won't their friends be present at the first one? In fact, won't everyone who ever wanted to go be at the first one? But will they all be there simultaneously? What about those who chose to go three times? Will there be three different versions of them there? My head hurts.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
It would destroy the universe, I tell you! [Angst]
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cow-Eating Man
Member # 4491

- posted      Profile for Cow-Eating Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Man do I wish I could go. Maybe I'll go in 50 years.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hypothetically speaking, if the existance of the human race is infinite (heck, even if it lasts 50,000 more years), and time traveling will in fact exist, shouldn't they.. like... get a bigger place? More importantly, how in the world are they going to feed an infinite guest list?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kind of an exclusive party, though - by publicizing it now, we're pretty much guaranteeing that no one from the past will come.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
No one in the past has time travel, though, without the help of the future. Therefore, I propose EVERY time traveling device have directions how to get to the party permanantly attached to said device.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
But will anyone actually come? It would shock the world if one day 10,000 people just appeared (poof) at MIT. Though also sadly disappointing if noone comes. Maybe noone will coem but if someone does come back in time it cause an alternative string and...
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

HELP ME! I'VE BEEN CAPTURED BY TIME TRAVELING AGENTS FROM THE FUTURE! I'M EMAILING YOU BECAUSE OF...
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Okay that was a bad joke.
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to that thing this weekend, it was boring. This time publicize it better, and get Aerosmith.

[ May 03, 2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

Were there any time travellers?
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going if Steven Tyler will be there.

*shudders*

Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Just Rufus.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go if they hold it at Milliway's
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Naw, Glenn, looks like this one is potluck.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
but if you only have one...perhaps it will not be well known enough for people to know about it once the machines have been invented. Perhaps they would have to make it a huge yearly event...that way it has more of a chance of being known about hundreds of years from now.

Of course, I don't actually think that anyone will event such a thing...but if it was real, just having one of those conventions would likely not be enough to be on the radar of the future.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming, of course, people in the future with time machines really want to waste their time coming back in time to visit geeks hoping to meet time travellers because girls and beer are still out of reach.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I love the idea!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it on the 7th?
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, just like no one would want to go to a convention in a really boring town in the middle of nowhere, perhaps time travellers wouldn't want to have a convention in a particularly boring time period.

I mean, you'd think time travellers would have conventions in really popular places in the timeline, right? So, there might very well be more than one. [Smile]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.