FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I like Lamar Alexander

Author Topic: I like Lamar Alexander
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
So sue me I do.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

And I really dislike Barbra Boxer, I listened to that woman talk for about 30 minutes this morning and was tempted to start a protest rally in Colorado against a Californian senator.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In related news, how do you feel about hummus?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Not a big fan, I mean nothing against it, but it's just not my taste.

Hobbes [Smile]

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
But have you had it on brioche with fresh salsa? It's brings out a whole different side. Hummus b'Tahini can seem a little greasy.

Oh, and good to see you Hobbes. I haven't seen you around lately. Or maybe you haven't seen me. Not sure which.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Only time I really like salad is with blue cheese dressing, ranch works but it's not good, it just makes it palatable.

Good to see you too, I've been around Hatrack a lot but posting little. With a wisdom tooth extraction and then getting a rather bad cold I just wasn't in the mood to post I guess.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

You know, Lamar Alexander was confirmed by all 100 senators.

How common is that anyways?

He also was sworn in as the Governor of Tennessee three days early for a rather interesting reason.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

He also proposed a two year-budget plan to limit the amounbt of pork-barrel spending stuck into each year's budget.

Hobbes [Smile]

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
One man's pork is another mans... ew.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Confirmed for what? He's from about 10 miles from where I live. I don't know much about his beliefs, but from what I've heard I definitely like him better than Bill Frist (the other senator from Tennessee).
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
Member # 5505

- posted      Profile for FIJC   Email FIJC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"And I really dislike Barbra Boxer, I listened to that woman talk for about 30 minutes this morning and was tempted to start a protest rally in Colorado against a Californian senator.

Hobbes"

I don't know, Sheila Jackson Lee might be worse.

quote:
"Confirmed for what? He's from about 10 miles from where I live. I don't know much about his beliefs, but from what I've heard I definitely like him better than Bill Frist (the other senator from Tennessee)."
I always thought that Bill Frist seemed too soft-hearted, too kind, to be an effective party leader. He reminds me of a kindly old turtle or owl one might expect to read about in a children's story book.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Secretary of Education for a while; the first Bush I think.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ May 18, 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I always thought that Bill Frist seemed too soft-hearted, too kind
Heh, that's pretty much the opposite viewpoint from mine. But mine is tainted by the knowledge that he experimented on stray cats while in medical school.

edit: from wikipedia:
quote:
While in medical school, Frist adopted cats from Boston animal shelters, telling shelter staff he intended to keep them as pets. He would then experiment on and kill the animals as part of his medical studies.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

My Congressman from Indiana co-sponsored (along with 127 other congressmen, plus the sponsor from California) an amendment to the constitution this year to ban public desecration of the American flag. [Frown] It was referred to sub-committee in March and has surprisingly, not come up yet.

He also co-sponsored a bill to mint coins celebrating the 50th anniversary of NASA and JPL. [Dont Know]

Hobbes [Smile]

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Lamar Alexander is, indeed, a good guy. His wife's name is Honey.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
My first girlfriend was named Honey.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
How ... sweet [Big Grin]

*ducks*

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Lavar Burton...Lamar Alexander just makes me think of Reading Rainbow...go figure.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Congressman Meek of Florida strikes me as being a good guy too.

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I like LeVar Burton too! And hummus!

And I thought this was gonna be a boring thread...

[Razz]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm all hungry for hummus. I have some at home, but didn't bring any to work with me. phooey.

I have no opinion of Lamar Alexander. His name makes me think of Blazing Saddles and Hedley LaMarr.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

As a conservative democrat, Indiana could've done worse than Senator Bayh.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Barbara Boxer. Always have.

And I looove hummus.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

You know, KQ, in many ways we're two, very different people.

*profound look*

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Hobbes, I think I realized that already.

I'm not in love with Annie. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Also, I don't have to go to the post office to get things to myself.
Hobbes
Member # 433

No idea what that means.

But on another note, Senator Bayh has a whole issues section on fatherhood in America. I'm not sure if I should be glad that a national politician is spending so much time and energy on what I consider an important issue, or if I should be disgusted at his attempts to use a sensitive topic to engender support from the right.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Senator Salazar, from my home state of Colorado (though I'm registered to vote in Indiana) is now a good guy in my official rating system, for things like the release he made today, go Salazar, go.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Our other senator, Wayne Allard, is not in my top ten list however. Though I've got to admit, he's written one of the shortest bills I've ever seen, even if I don't much care for it.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know what I like? Donuts.

Don't tell me you don't like donuts. It's bad enough you don't like pie.

Hobbes
Member # 433

I like most donuts (not filled ones though).

I don't like a lot more things you undoubtedly like though, oranges, for instance.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But at least you like donuts. *wipes forehead*
Hobbes
Member # 433

Not filled ones though.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know, I'm willing to overlook that. I don't like all donuts myself. For instance, I abhor Krispy Kraps. I mean Kremes.
Hobbes
Member # 433

Richard G. Lugar's biggest fan isn't me.

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Not that I dislike him, just not really my guy.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Who is your guy? *curious*
Hobbes
Member # 433

Judging from the title of this thread, Lamar Alexander. Though the only senator I've ever written a limerick about is Senator Lugar so take that for what it's worth.

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.