FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Rather Awkward Self-Welcoming

Author Topic: A Rather Awkward Self-Welcoming
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Most or some of you who'd see the description "New Member" would state "welcome to Hatrack." Not that I have anything to complain about, since it's quite a nice thing to do, but there is one difference here:

I am a Hatracker.

Your job, ladies and gentlmen, is to find out who I am. You can scan my profile, ask me questions (that I may not answer), and as far as I'm concerned do anything possible but legal in order to find out who I really am.

Of course, I have full right to trick you, and I owe you no favors from that point of view. Work hard, and combine mindpower, so you'll crack the "mystery" of who on Earth is "Haloed Sillhouette."

Oh, one other thing: you must give a reason why you think I am that member. You can use the most detailed things in a post or so.

- Haloed Silhouette.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you a Hatracker who posts often?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Will you answer questions truthfully or refuse to answer? Or does "tricking" us involve lying?

Of course, I probably won't be able to believe your answer anyway...

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

OK, my first guess is Raia, because if I were going to do this, I'd ask myself a question immediately.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Haloed Silhouette, can I tell him he's wrong, or would you like to? [Razz]

No, Dag, it is not me. I don't know if you can believe me, as you said, but it's not.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you male or female?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia: It all depends what you call often. Steve posted his introduction-thread around 180 posts after joining - which is immense - but ketchupqueen posts much more.

Dagonee: I do not lie, just subtly confuse you - I already did, by the way. You have a nice theory of asking myself a question. I thought of that, though, which is why I did not sign out and in again to ask myself questions. It's too obvious.

Raia: Thank you for giving me the option.

- Haloed Silhouette.

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Farmgirl: There are 4 genders. I can tell you that my sex is not Androginus. [Smile]

Actually, I am male.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess Jon, because this is a fairly "puppy" thing to do.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Are you Phanto?
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Add-it to add: Note that this could be either my gender, or my sex, or both.
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

TomDavidson: Please elaborate "puppy". I walk on two of my limbs.

Raia: I am not Phanto, and you need to give a reason.

Raia
Member # 4700

Sorry. Because you fit the description, and your very correct grammar, with a few minor mistakes, strongly resembles his.
Raia
Member # 4700

Actually, I agree with Tom. I think you're Jonny. Not only because of the puppy thing, but because your e-mails to me are becoming less frequent, so obviously you're distracted by something.
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

As I recall, Raia, Jon Boy has rather flawless grammar too.

And TomDavidson, if you are thinking that I answered you differently from Dagonee, it is because he gave a very general reason that was not based on anything, and you were comparing nouns; so don't take false hints.

- Haloed Silhouette.

(P.S. I need to settle on a "signature" policy.)

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

And wouldn't Jonathan Howard have been asleep by now, Raia?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, fine. I think you're Jon Howard, because this is exactly the kind of thing that Jon Howard would do. It gets you attention, it's semi-quirky and semi-mysterious without actually being intriguing or thought-provoking, and it allows you to string things out as long as you need to feel appreciated.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

No, he wouldn't.

And I meant trying for very correct grammar, but still having some mistakes.

*is now convinced you're Jonny*

It would take other people some time to figure out that's 12:30 midnight here. [Wink]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
And TomDavidson, if you are thinking that I answered you differently from Dagonee, it is because he gave a very general reason that was not based on anything
My reason was too based on something.
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Why not? It's pretty late

Obviously, that could apply to many.

If you're actually convinced, try to find other proof... Hatrack posts aren't the only thing.

Not really, Moscow is known to be 8 hours or so from New York. Israel is rather close.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

If you're not going to answer yes or no on a particular guess, then it's pointless.
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

I give up. I missed Tom's post, so I'm posting AGAIN. But I actually wanted to sign in with this pseudonym 'cause I love it.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should answer in iambic pentameter.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

And I thought this would last longer... i should have gone for the F ridicls sexy_aaron stile dont u think?
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Although this can done, dear Hobbes,
I think it is a foolish deed;
For if I would, I'd burst out sobs,
And mystery would have no seed.

Now I really have to go to bed. And you should've "tried" to log into my E-mail address and see the "Secret Question". I tried to confuse you with American spelling and punctuation, but it failed.

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Damnit! PENTameter! Why was I thinking tetrameter?
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

Damnit! PENTameter! Why was I thinking tetrameter?

I think that if I wrote this thing in verses
The people would detect that I'm a poet,
And thus the Haloed Silhouette would know it -
The Jonathan identity with curses.
And even though you asked for this in sonnet,
A form that I can improvise right there,
You know that all my muscles in the chair,
Would ache just like what under a hot bonnet.
I wrote this not in Milton sonnetism,
The Abba-Abba form was heav'ly changed;
And in this state I hate behaviourism,
Which shows that my state of sanity - deranged.
Enjoy the sonnet, friend and seek your pleasure,
For I am going to sleep - for sake of leisure.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.