FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack

Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone else who has the soundtrack.

First of all, what do you think of it? I love it. But I can't find the music from the trailer in it. The climax part of the music is on Anakin vs. Obi-Wan which I think is track nine. But I can't find the music from the majority of the teaser trailer, the fast paced stuff.

I know it is in the movie, I heard it when I saw it. And I'm pretty sure it was during the opening scene where they are in the space battle. But the tracks on the cd are all mixed up, they don't follow the order they were played in the movie.

So, if anyone has the cd and knows where that piece of music is, I'd love it if you could point it out.

Otherwise, I suppose I'll have to wait a few years for a special edition soundtrack, like the OT.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, most of (if not all of) the music from the trailer is from the OTHER films, and is on the other Soundtrack albums.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Which? I have all nine cds of the Star Wars movies. Can you point me towards a particular track?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Ok... the first part of the trailer is all music tracked from ESB.

The fast percusive "BOOM boom boom BOOM boom boom" is not from any of the films, episode III included. It's probably generic 'trailer' music.

Following that is the music from the Final Duel in ROTJ when Palpatine is electrocuting Luke, and Vader is looking on.

Then it goes into the fanfare played in ESB as R2 fixes the hyperdrive, and it blasts off away from Cloud City.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it just me, or was there almost no original music for Ep III? It just seemed to be a regurgitation of what we've all heard before.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

There's a lot of new/original music, but not a lot of new themes.

The only brand new new fully developed theme is the 'Battle of the Heroes' theme.

However, all the music used in the 'heavier' parts of the film (Seduction, Order 66, Anakin's Betrayal, etc) were all brand spankin' new music, just not leitmotific themes.

The opening battle sequence was all new, too.

There were, however, a lot of interpolations of the previous themes - not to do so for the culminating chapter of the Saga would be simply ridiculous.

We hear previous themes for:

Anakin
Anakin & Padme's Love
A Decicisive Fight (Duel of the Fates)
Corsucant
The Trade Federation Droid Army
Darth Vader
The Emperor/Sith
The Light of the Force
A Hero's Funeral
Yoda
Leia
Luke

All are put to perfectly good use.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Taalcon, all that was in the teaser trailer?

I don't mean the full length trailer, just the like one minute teaser that has Obi-Wan (old school Obi-Wan) talking and recapping, and then there's a climax in the music with horns and then it bursts into the dizzying array of images from the movie, not the full length trailer.

I'll go look at all those cds though thank you!

Taalcon
Member # 839

You didn't SAY teaser trailer [Razz]

The music playing in the teaser when the 'fast stuff' happens is from the assault on the Trade Federation control ship in Episode 1.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

And that is on the Episode One soundtrack? ::hopeful::

I just listened to a clip of the Ep. I Ultimate Edition soundtrack, so I know it's there, but I don't have that yet [Frown]

[ May 23, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the music for the trailer, if anyone is interested, drop me your SN and I'll send it to you [Smile]
Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I am VERY interested. Lightsbr21 on AIM is my SN.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.