FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who's (still) the man?

Author Topic: Who's (still) the man?
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Agassi vs Karlovic: 7-6 7-6 7-6

"69 winners and 30 aces" for the loser!

Reminds me of this:
He who lives by the serve dies by the serve

(haven't actually seen any of them live, but I've heard the "story" of the '92 final time and again)

[ September 01, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Agassi.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Huh, would you look at that! My all-time favorite tennis player and I spelled his name wrong! [Wall Bash]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he will forgive you.

Speaking of Tennis, you know Serena Williams promised to donate a hundred dollars to the Red Cross for every ace she hit.

And she said if she doesn't start hitting more aces soon, she'll donate a hundred dollars for every double fault she makes.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's cool.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
And she said if she doesn't start hitting more aces soon, she'll donate a hundred dollars for every double fault she makes.
[Smile]
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"and a hundred for every double fault" woulda been better. Pushing for aces makes double faults more likely.

The Shaq is in the NewOrleans' area intending to help the best he can.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Speaking of Tennis, you know Serena Williams promised to donate a hundred dollars to the Red Cross for every ace she hit.

The fault, dear Williams, lies not in our serves but in ourselves.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I thought Ric Flair was the man. At least that's what he always says. Even his autobiography has the title, "To be the Man". ...Whhhhhooooooooooo!!!
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.