FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CNN says I'm number 1?

Author Topic: CNN says I'm number 1?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
What an odd headline.

Well, hooray for me, I guess.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a Brian Williams in the church youth group. I giggle everytime he's listed in the bulletin as an acolyte.

We also have a Dana Williams, which freaks me out everytime someone says her name. I mean, I've never in my life met someone with my same name, and now that I have, it's not my name anymore.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Eni, not only are you Number 1, but your post number for the post where you announce that you are number one is number 1111.

Eerie.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
You're number one to us.

I've never met anyone with my name. SCORE!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
There are a couple of scientists out there with my exact name. It's very bizarre. They always come up on google before me. *pout*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a second cousin with my name, different middle, but it's one of the one's my mom thought about for me. She's only 5 though, so a bit of an age difference.

It was so cute, the first reunion i went to after she was born.

"Sarah Marie Townsend, meet Sarah Catherine Townsend"

We also have three two Caitlin's, and several Karens (though all married with different last names now). This is what happens when your dad has 5 uncles on his dad's side.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have lots of second cousins, aunts, and uncles. Not one of us has a duplicated name (first or otherwise) except Katie, who was deliberately named after my grandma. We're careful like that.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I once emailed someone who had the same name I did. Never responded. Oh, and a Nathan Novak in Kansas accidently put in the wrong email address in his Amazon account, and so I was informed he was getting the entire Superman Movie Experience on DVD.

I wrote amazon about that. I told them that while the first two movies were quite fun, the 3rd and the fourth were not up to par, and that I would never spend any money to get 3 and 4 on DVD, and they should make an effort to contact that gentleman and tell him to change his email address on his account. (I had no way of getting hold of him) I also went into great detail of why I didn't like those movies, why I was excited for Batman Begins, and why I think Batman was a better super hero.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

-o-

There are many José Iriartes. It is quite a common name.

(Of course, many of them are related to me . . . )

Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, B! I printed the story. But you're always No. 1 (son) in my book. [Wink]

And, dkw, it was freaky when I went online at one of the bridal registries, entered "Dana Williams," and found there were several (more than 10) getting married this year.

There is another Pat Williams in our town. We go to the same doctor, dentist and pharmacy. And I have to be careful to sign on the correct line at elections, as we are both Patricia Ann Williams. The most unusual "mistake" was shortly after I got a Discover card. The other PW moved, and Discover sent her my bill. Unfortunately, she complained, so someone from Discover called me and they changed my card to include my whole middle name, while she just has her (our) middle initial.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Hmmm. My name is way too common. I think I'll change it to "Voldemort"

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
There are very few Scopatz's in the world, but what with my nephews (3) and dkw becoming dks, there's always hope of an uptick in the future.

I figure in 10,000 generations or so, everyone will be a Scopatz. And won't that be nice!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly better than being called a number two.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Random name-related anecdote:

My dad had the same name as a vet in our town (same 3-number exchange), including the middle initial. We would get calls in the middle of the night from little old ladies wanting to know what to do about their cat that had just eaten something weird.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Did CNN mention that you're going to be interviewed on The Daily Show tonight?
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan, did you tell them to hit it over the head and call you in the morning? [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I think my dad told them to call a vet. They said, "But...but...we did!"

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
We also have three two Caitlin's, and several Karens (though all married with different last names now). This is what happens when your dad has 5 uncles on his dad's side.

Heh, we have (counting) six Jims, two Johns, a George, a Jerry, a Jenny, a Jeanne and a Judy. Most of the time we hear the "J" sound and either everyone responds or nobody does, assuming that someone else is wanted. And when my aunt Lori got married, we all told Ricardo that we had to change his name because we'd get confused with a unique name in the family! LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by Speed:
Did CNN mention that you're going to be interviewed on The Daily Show tonight?

That's good. I've always wanted to be on The Daily Show!
(Ever since Jon Stewart took over, anyway)

--Enigmatic

martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I am the only person in the world with my name -- although I should check on my new name, the one I'll be changing to in ten days(!)

My family went a little wild with the Michaels, Davids, and Johns, though. Two of my three cousins David (all on my dad's side) are journalists, so they have to use their middle initials when the publish and even then they get mistaken for one another.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I know several marthas.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.