FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Valentine's Day Mixer (Singles Only) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Valentine's Day Mixer (Singles Only)
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, how's it goin?....good to see you, glad you could make it.

Just thought I'd open a thread for all of us who don't quite "hate" this holiday, but definitely don't want to hear all the stories about how you couples are totally in love and we aren't [Wink] Pour me another....

Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
Horray!!
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeees...
the day meant to thrust all the singles into the pits of despair and shame...
[Big Grin]

We've got to stick together, eh? [Smile]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Go watch some slasher movies, all of you.

[Kiss]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

quote:
Originally posted by pH:
Go watch some slasher movies, all of you.

nothing says "on the market" like slasher films [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I say we all go do someithing like...... hmm, I forget.

Oh well, lets set back and suffer the indignity of this Holiday for all of us single people.

*sigh* [Frown]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
The girl sitting next to me in class today gave me some candy. She had a huge bag of it and was passing it around to the people near her [Smile]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:walks by, points and laughs at everyone:
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Go away Scott.

I suggest that we let the Cyber drinking begin!!
[Party]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate this holiday, with a passion. And I agree about the slasher movies. We need some blood guts, and gore on this day.

By the way, I made black, broken heart cookies, if anyone wants any [Razz]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*takes a shot of cyber tequila* Yeah!

Whos with me? Lets get so cyber wasted that we can't type strait. [Big Grin]

ANd I'll take on of those broken heart cookies.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*Takes another shot of cyber tequila*

I hate this holiday...... [Frown]

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm single (in fact this makes my 6th straight Valentine's Day in a row being single). I'm not going to give into despair and such though. Sucks to despair. I'm going to try and stay positive. I may be single, but I've still got a heck of a lot else going for me.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Good fur you phresh.
*takes another shot of cyber tequila*

Come on and join me in drinkin til wees can't typ strat.

Hmmmm, i don't seem to be abble to hold my cyber liquer.....

*passes out on couch*

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, why is being single such a terribly bad thing?

And slasher movies on Valentine's Day rule. Also, Saw II comes out on DVD today. Saw marathon!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*snores loudly as pH speaks* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [Sleep]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who is comfortable with being single on valentines and doesn't hate the holiday? My cat has been giving me a back rub all day and my mom left me some chocolate and a gorgeous bracelet when she went to work. A boyfriend really wouldn't make the day that much better, and I'd have to do my hair (I have no problem with dresses).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Huh? Wha? Ohhh, how long was I out?

Oh well. *shrugs*

Man, this party is going no where.....

*crickets in background*

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a nice reasonable valentines thread last year and arranged a RL party in it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

*takes a shot of cyber tequila*

*takes another shot of cyber tequila*

I'm with you Advent

pH: you know something?.......::trails off::

StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
alright!! ::::virtual shot:::::

Let's get this party started

-put's in the latest Atmousphere album-

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

To being single and possably lonely!

*takes a shot of cyber tequila*

*takes another*

*and another*

We need a violent film! Any suggestions?

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of years ago we organized a No Romance/Just Happens to be Valentine's Day dinner and opera for the singles at church. That would be, at the time, all of us. Except the two married couples.

I should add that when I say we organized the dinner and opera, what I mean is that we cooked dinner and bought opera tickets. The organization of the opera itself was outside our sphere. Ahem.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Now its a PARTY!!!!!
[Party]

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:
We need a violent film! Any suggestions?

True Romance......seems fitting ::hickup::
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*burps* Whats it about?
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

*takes a shot*
*can't see straight*

C'mon ladies, time for some strip solitaire [Wink]

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

quote:
*burps* Whats it about?

Crime Spree
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Umm, what 'ladies' we only have *counts* two I think. I could be wrong, my eye sights a little blurry.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm Lissande, opera is a great idea for Valentine's Day, single or not. [Smile] (You either sigh at the singing couples in love or you gleefully cheer when they kick the bucket at the end!)

[Evil]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
And pH isn't single, as I hear it.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*takes a shot*

*takes another*

We need popcorn.... Ramdac, go get us some popcorn. Buttered if you can find it.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Ohh, umm..... I wasn't counting her.....

*takes another shot*

Wheres the bloddy popcorn already!

*sways slightly*

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

::takes a shot::

::scampers around looking for buttered pop-corn::

::hit's head on open cabinets::

::takes another shot::

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

Advent, I think you should be in charge of the food.....i'm busy binge drinking

::takes a hit from the bottle::

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, in my case, you sit behind the HUGE FREAKING PILLAR and wonder why they even built a seat in that spot, while listening to lovely music. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I'm on it.

*brings in pocorn*

Now, I say we order pizza.

What toppings does everyone want?

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

Opera Shmoperra!!!*feeling it*

If I end up at the Opera and I don't even have a date.....Shoot me.

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

quote:
What toppings does everyone want?

can i get mine with MSG.....kinda had a hankering' for Chinese
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*cocks shotgun* Don't worry man. I will.

Now what does everyone want on the cyber pizzas?

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Okay then, I'll order chinese food and pizza.

What do you want Ramdac?

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I do pretty much hate this holiday, but I hope I'm still invited...

*breaks out with the chocolate*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

killer!!

um....lemmy get some spicy chicken lo-main. and some crab rangoon

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'll come if I get pizza with alfredo sauce and red potatoes (it's really good).
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
Well, I do pretty much hate this holiday, but I hope I'm still invited...

*breaks out with the chocolate*

the more the marrier.......pass the chocolate ^_^
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Wohhooo! Chocolate!! Raia. I assign you to be the sober one at this party. Until such time as you can find someone else willing to do it.

*takes a shot*

*takes another*

Raia go get us some cyber beers. Please.

Ramdac99
Member # 7264

tallies please
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

excuse me "cyber tallies"
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Okay this is everyones last chance for pizza. I'm ordering a Meat Lovers and a Supreme. Any objections?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

And Cyber Corona's.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.