FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Remembering an old friend, Jack Anderson

Author Topic: Remembering an old friend, Jack Anderson
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Deseret News.com
I ran across this today. It really brought back the memories. When I was young and foolish, I wrote a letter to my Senator to complain about some skulldugary happening within the Air Force Bands Branch. (Surely the stuff of prime interest to the National Defense) My Senator just refered it to Jack Anderson, who, with a little bit of research, found out a retired 4-Star, then a Congressional staffer, was pulling some strings for a private school where he was a trustee. He wrote a "Washington Merry-go-Round" which began, "An irrate young Sergeant from Utah"... I enjoyed a most interesting week while I watched the Air Force back down.
Some muttered comments about "Uncle Jack" and my records showing my Mother's maiden name as "Andersen", (if you are not Danish, you wouldn't even notice the difference.) gave me a "shooting licence" for the remainder of my enlistment.
This administration has learned nothing from History.

Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaysedai6
Member # 8856

- posted      Profile for jaysedai6   Email jaysedai6         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw an article in The Salt Lake Tribune about the family refused to give the FBI accesses to his files. They wanted to check if there any security leaks.
Good for them.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.