FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NYC in November! I'm gonna freeze! Wanna join me?

Author Topic: NYC in November! I'm gonna freeze! Wanna join me?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So all of a sudden it seems I'm going to NY in just over a week, for work. I'm arriving early Sunday, November 12, and have Sunday free (although maybe not Sunday evening, depending on a friend getting back to me).

Anyone in the area available to do something lunch-ish?

[ November 07, 2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chanie
Member # 9544

- posted      Profile for Chanie   Email Chanie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there (I assume you'll be in the city)! Although I'm leaving around noon, so it would have to be early.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wanna join me?
Yes!

[Frown]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Aw, Ic, it would be great if you could!

Chanie, I emailed you through the board. Let me know if you don't get it.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was excited for a moment, but then I realized that I'm already scheduled to work that morning. [Frown] I can try to get someone to cover it, but that's not too likely as it's an opening shift. Still, there's a slight chance.

I am, however, very likely to be free all day Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday that week, provided my work schedule doesn't suddenly change. So if you happen to end up with free time on any of those days, let me know because I'd love to meet you. [Smile]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nell, I emailed you through the board as well. [Smile]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to. It's only about 3 hours by train down there. But it costs like $60 one way, and I really cannot afford that just now [Frown] Also don't really have the time, since I'm behind in like... all my classes.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Replied. [Smile]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Chanie, did you ever get my email?

Glenn, might you and your wife be able to join us again?

rivka
Member # 4859

In addition to Sunday (details of which are being discussed over at sake), there will be one more Hatrack gathering in NYC next week.

Nell and I will be meeting for dinner Wednesday night at 7 in Brooklyn. Anyone wanting to join us is welcome. [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

*bump* for Glenn
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I feel terrible Rivka. I didn't mean to be rude.

Last night I had an online class, and I checked hatrack to see if there were any comments on my wiki, which was originally part of an assignment for the class. I saw your post about NY, didn't understand it, and didn't go looking for the New York thread either. I just went back to the other window where my class chat was going on and forgot about the whole thing.

Today I checked into Hatrack at work, and saw the NY thread. I can't post from work due to filters in my school district, but I realized that my response was really... well, it just felt like I'd been rude. I didn't mean to.

And to make it worse, I don't think I can come. I'd love to, but I've been really busy lately, and I don't know whether I'll be able to fit it in. This Sunday, lunchish? Let me talk to Mary, she knows schedules better than I do. Where will you be?

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Don't worry about it. I assumed it was a crazy-busy issue. [Smile] I know how that goes!

I believe we're meeting up in Manhattan somewhere. Adam (who no longer posts on Hatrack, but does over on sake) is coordinating.

Or y'all can join me and Nell in Brooklyn (Midwood/Flatbush area) Wednesday night.

If neither works schedule-wise, I will certainly understand.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks,

Wednesday is out. It's just too far to come on a weeknight. Sunday depends on how it pans out. I just don't know yet, but I'll keep in touch, here.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Fair enough. [Smile]
Chanie
Member # 9544

- posted      Profile for Chanie   Email Chanie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to leave at 11am, so I think I'll have to pass on seeing you, unfortunately.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

Hey, while I'm over here, let me promote my wiki further. 2 Truths and 1 lie

The password is "howdy" I'd love to see what Rivka and Esther do with it. Tante, you can post your chicken breasts there.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

Ummm, the second paragraph is still approximately what I started with. Just for reference.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Chanie:
I'm going to have to leave at 11am, so I think I'll have to pass on seeing you, unfortunately.

Second miss! [Frown] Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Whenever that is!

Glenn, I already contributed to the wiki. Betcha can't figure out which edit is mine. (It was yesterday sometime.)

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

quote:
Betcha can't figure out which edit is mine.
You're right about that. I could make a random guess though. I don't think it's the Chuck Norris one. Maybe you like pie. Or you like to make fun of changes.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in the city with my family on Saturday night. We're seeing Spamalot. Are you in the city then?
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Arnold:
quote:
Betcha can't figure out which edit is mine.
You're right about that. I could make a random guess though. I don't think it's the Chuck Norris one. Maybe you like pie. Or you like to make fun of changes.
Think smaller. [Wink]
quote:
Originally posted by Little_Doctor:
I'll be in the city with my family on Saturday night. We're seeing Spamalot. Are you in the city then?

Alas! I will be in flight.
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

Rivka:

Did you fix the spelling of "thoes"?

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Freeze? In november? in NYC?

It should be downright balmy.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Arnold:
Rivka:

Did you fix the spelling of "thoes"?

Smaller! [Big Grin]
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

Ok, did you add an apostrophe?
rivka
Member # 4859

Nope. I removed one. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.