FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone shopping for an LCD HDTV?

Author Topic: Anyone shopping for an LCD HDTV?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Today Tanga has 32 inchers for $575 + $24 shipping. Not an awful deal, I don't think (although admittedly I don't know much about HDTVs, not being in the market myself.)

Just thought I'd let you all know, in case. [Smile] Happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I actually have. With little success. I've been trying to find an LCD with A) computer (VGA) input, B) A built in DVD player, and C) decent size, but less than 23.5" in height (the dimensions of our entertainment center.) Finding that combination is proving to be something of a pain in the keister.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Tommorrow I know the Staples I work at has some... Magnavoxes 32" LCD TV's for $499.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you want a LCD with a computer input AND a DVD player? Why not just play DVDs on your computer?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Why would you want a LCD with a computer input AND a DVD player? Why not just play DVDs on your computer?

A) Because playing a DVD on most computers requires booting the computer.

B) Because sometimes that DVD player will be playing DVDs for a small child, and while the possibilities for monkeying with a computer that's on border on the infinite, with a DVD player, as long as the remote is out of reach, the monkeying possibilities decrease sharply. With a little luck, it might be a while before she even figures out how to open the disc tray. I know she's mastered that trick with a computer. The little "active disc" light, don'cha know... It's a dead giveaway.

P.S. Thanks for the tip, Shawshank.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanINPnet
Member # 8363

- posted      Profile for RyanINPnet   Email RyanINPnet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
You know, I actually have. With little success. I've been trying to find an LCD with A) computer (VGA) input, B) A built in DVD player, and C) decent size, but less than 23.5" in height (the dimensions of our entertainment center.) Finding that combination is proving to be something of a pain in the keister.

Sterling,
I didn't really look at all the specs of these but it seems like one of these would work for you. That is if you haven't found one yet...

Emerson 20"
Akai 32"

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

Thanks for the look, Ryan.
dab
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for dab   Email dab         Edit/Delete Post 
built in DVD is just asking for problems...
Posts: 104 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.