FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alliterative Appelative Acronyms

Author Topic: Alliterative Appelative Acronyms
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
So* a friend of mine's initials are LLL... and she's got a sister whose initials are also LLL.

Today while sorting through some customer orders I came across another woman whose initials are also LLL.

So, randomly thinking about initials and alliteration... maybe it's just because LLL is a really good friend and so I'm more likely to notice that sort of thing... but I can't remember ever meeting anyone with a different letter for all their initials. At least, no one who wasn't ashamed to admit it. Never met a BBB or a GGG or an MMM...

And thanks to the associations that go with them, I'll be very surprised if I ever DO meet an AAA, KKK, WWW, XXX, or ZZZ.

Soooo... anyone know any non-LLL alliteratives?

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband is a WWW.

Oh, and a friend of my daughter's is an EEE. Her first name is Elizabeth and there is another Elizabeth on the gymnastics team so they call her Triple E.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I knew an AAA in elementary school. He was at least an AA, but I'm pretty sure he had an A middle name, too.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I know a KKK, it's not really much fun though, considering the potential link with the supremisists.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the 60's, Vice President and Pres. candidate Hubert H. Humphrey was known to headline writers as "HHH".
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Princesska says her grandmother is an EEE.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm a 2222
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great-grandfather on one side who was LLL and a grandfather on the other (or was that great-grandfather, also?) who was an HHH.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
What are Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, and Lana Lang's middle names?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a GGG in middle school. I don't remember her middle name, but her first was Georgina and her last was Gusman.
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I know a Brian O'Brien in high school.

Slightly off topic, but still bizarre.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a friend who named all of her children AAAs.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Also off topic, my sister's initials spell DAD.

It's always amused me.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to school with a John Johnson, which always seemed a little weird. Don't know what his middle name was though.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
My brother's initials are one letter off from a swear. He picked a different confirmation name than we suggested, though.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Concille, so are mine.

And my younger brothers are MAD.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to work with a woman named Carol Caroll, but only because she married into the Caroll name.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Some friends of mine here in Phoenix have four children. The first three have the initials MMM (And the last is named for Grandparents, haven't asked about the logic behind the switch at number 4).
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an LL, but my middle name is Beth.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Not EL-lizabeth?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

<grin> A friend of mine used to call me Elizabeth Elizabeth, since both Lisa and Beth can be nicknames for Elizabeth.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad and all of his brothers have an E as their middle initial and so do all of their children (my brothers and cousins). Except me. I've got the E as my first initial.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

My sister named all 4 of her sons so that their initials spelled out a 3 letter mans name(DAN, RON, BEN, JON) I think they did that because her husband's initials spelled MEN.

I knew a girl in high school whose name was Terry Berry, and I had a baby sitter when I was small whose name was Terry Terry.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

Are their names actually Dan, Ron, Ben and Jon? I have to say that would be pretty awesome.
Lisa
Member # 8384

I knew a guy in Israel who actually gave his 3 sons the middle names Danger, Adventure and Honesty. No joke.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Arnold:
What are Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, and Lana Lang's middle names?

The subject of much debate, actually.

I know Perry White's middle name (Jerome) and Jimmy Olsen's (Bartholomew) -- does that help? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

quote:
Originally posted by HollowEarth:
Are their names actually Dan, Ron, Ben and Jon? I have to say that would be pretty awesome.

No, they aren't but that would have been clever.
plaid
Member # 2393

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I knew a guy in Israel who actually gave his 3 sons the middle names Danger, Adventure and Honesty. No joke.

Penn (of Penn & Teller) has a daughter whose name is Moxie Crimefighter Jillette. [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

quote:
Originally posted by maui babe:
quote:
Originally posted by HollowEarth:

No, they aren't but that would have been clever.
A friend of mine has a daughter named Kaia, and her name does this -- her full name is Kaia A____ I________ A______ . Neat!
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by plaid:
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

Penn (of Penn & Teller) has a daughter whose name is Moxie Crimefighter Jillette. [Smile]
It should have been "Crimefighting" instead. So she could say "Crimefighting is my middle name."
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
My middle name is 'Helping People'.

Thomas's initials are TPS, I can make Office Space jokes forever!

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a student named Amanda Miranda.

I used to work with a guy named Bill Williams (Actually William Williams)

A friend of mine's initials are R.E.D

Another friend of mine has 6 brother and sisters who all have the initials A.E.B

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

quote:
I know Perry White's middle name (Jerome) and Jimmy Olsen's (Bartholomew) -- does that help?
Not at all. Thanks.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew a lady named Honey Crumbb. Very yummy name.

Also, everyone in my family has MM as the last two initials in their name (me included). Unfortunately, no first name of M's. Though my dad does go by Mark. But that's his middle name.

Ok, I'm done now.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrometheusBound
Member # 10020

- posted      Profile for PrometheusBound           Edit/Delete Post 
I always found my mother's middle initials SS as being a little odd, but she was an LSSC, not a SSSS, which would have been very weird.
Posts: 211 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
My initials are ALL.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
I work with an AAA.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
I know Perry White's middle name (Jerome) and Jimmy Olsen's (Bartholomew) -- does that help?
Not at all. Thanks.
Any time!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
My grandpa(on my mom's side) is James Jordan. His children are Jayna Jordan, John Jordan, and Jenny Jordan(before my mom and my aunt Jenny got married, and changed their names).

My initials are ELF. Since my best friend has the same first name as I do, everyone calls me Elf to avoid confusion. And also to make fun of the fact that I'm short.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My full set of initials spell out ELALS, but when I inital things, I do it "els".
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
I had a student named Amanda Miranda.

I used to work with a guy named Bill Williams (Actually William Williams)

Billy Williams was a major league baseball player.

Thomas T. Thomas.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
My initials are MWS. It's pronounced "Moose."
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.