FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The return of the Disney Animated Short Film

Author Topic: The return of the Disney Animated Short Film
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So before National Treasure, they showed an animated Goofy short film. It was wonderful. I hope this marks the return of the short film. Pixar had been doing this for awhile and since John Lassiter is in charge of Disney animation, maybe this will be a permanent thing.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
That's the plan, anyway. If response to the Goofy short is encouraging, then they do intend to produce more theatrical shorts, to be attached to high-profile releases.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

How can I give the word that I liked it?
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I saw that, thought it was pretty cool. Before National Treasure also. Is it only for NT, or just movies netting the same level of attention?
Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was really funny. I hope they do more stuff like that.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

You know, I'm not sure. [Smile]

All the articles say "if response if good", but don't give details on how the response will be measured. Maybe Disney.com has a feedback area? Hmmm...

Yeah, the short is only attached to NT2, though the plan is for future "tentpole" releases to also include a short.

Speaking of which, the first image for Disney Animation Studio's next big release, Bolt has popped up online. This the semi-controversial film that was to have been Chris Sanders' quirky, offbeat, edgy magnum opus. Then he and John Lasseter had a major falling out. It's now a project of Chris (The Emperor's New Groove) Williams.

Cute, but I'm wishing we had been able to see the Sanders version.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I found myself wishing there was more Goofy, instead of the actual movie! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
I love shorts, I really hope they keep it up. Especially considering what I have to pay for movies now, it is nice to get something extra other than commercials.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

I liked the old look and feel but with new content. It was great.
brojack17
Member # 9189

Hey Puffy,

Do you work in the movie industry? You are a great source for everything cool coming out.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

No, I'm just a movie-geek who follows blogs a lot.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
oooooo Emperor's New Groove is one of my favorite Disney flicks. That makes me MORE excited.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the Goofy addition, too. Personally, I hope they do this more often. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.