Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Amulet

Author Topic: Amulet
JakeOfRavenclaw
Member # 8341

- posted      Profile for JakeOfRavenclaw           Edit/Delete Post 
If you like graphic novels, or even if you don't like graphic novels, or even if you've never read one in your life, Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi is a incredible read: the art , particularly the facial expressions and wild action sequences, is unbelievable, and the story is dripping with imagination (the downside: book one ends on a cliffhanger [Frown] ).

But still, I'd highly recommend it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering your long history of involvement here and proven track record of directing people to quality reading, I will certainly take that under advisement.

Ah Jake, what times we have had. What wonderful times. Has it really only been 3 posts? It seems more like 4.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to welcome the lurker, Squick.
Pay no attention to the man behind the sarcastic facade, Jake.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say? The mood struck me.

Jake, if you are going to shill for a book, I think you may find that you'll get a better reception if you participate in the community for some time before doing so, or, alternatively, start a discussion of said book and your impressions of it in some detail instead of one that just extolls its no doubt many virtues.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Where IS the armpit of the universe, Jake?
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
South Eastern Kansas, IIRC [Razz]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Amulet quite a bit, though I doubt it'll convert a non-comics reader.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.