FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wonder Woman is...

Author Topic: Wonder Woman is...
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
The www.wonder-who.com site has been gradually updating their poster. Today, apparently, it's been revealed that Wonder Woman will be portrayed by ...Megan Fox.

Rawr!

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
My first thought was "Arghh"... my second thought was "Oh wait, I'm going to get to see Megan Fox run around in a Wonder Woman outfit." I whole-heartedly approve.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but she can't act. This is the early warning sign that the movie isn't being taken seriously and is going to suck.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's time for a new W."

:-D

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

There is slight speculation as to whether it's real or not, considering:

1) In some of the earlier shots, there is background graffiti very similar to that of The Joker from The Dark Knight promotion materials and posters.

2) On the latest picture, behind it the image says "Is this for real?" in Joker-like scrawl.

But, considering the DC Comics and other logos on the bottom right, if it isn't real somebody's taking a damn big chance. And, if it wasn't real, it would have been shut down by DC weeks ago when it was first discovered.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:

The www.wonder-who.com site has been gradually updating their poster. Today, apparently, it's been revealed that Wonder Woman will be portrayed by ...Megan Fox.

Rawr!

Perhaps, but she doesn't seem muscular enough to look credible performing feats of strength. Or does Wonder Woman have a magical kinetic force that lets her do that?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Her vacant stare in the poster doesn't bode well.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
That look says "the photographer told me to make a sexy face" more than it says "Suffering Sappho!".

Trying to make a sexy face temporarily deducts 12 points from one's sexiness.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

It might also say "I need to get my eyes checked--I can't make out that sign, and I'm right across the street from it."
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
"She's a wonder..."
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
That look says "the photographer told me to make a sexy face" more than it says "Suffering Sappho!".

Uh... "Sufferin' Sappho!" would be Metamorpho. Wonder Woman is more "Great Hera!"
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, the real question is why would a movie studio use a poster with an obviously photoshopped outfit.

And then there's the domain name registration. Warner Brothers uses markmonitor.com to register their domain names. wonder-who.com was registered with Godaddy and is covered with the privacy system owned by Godaddy. Warner Brothers doesn't need to use a privacy system on their domain registrations. DC Comics is the same (dccomics.com was actually registered by Warner Brothers).

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Rawr? She looks weird. (Nothing wrong with people who look weird, of course...)
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:

Uh... "Sufferin' Sappho!" would be Metamorpho. Wonder Woman is more "Great Hera!"
Really? I was more of a Marvel fan when I was a kid, which is probably why I got the phrase wrong, but I don't think I've even heard of Metamorpho. Wonder where I picked up the phrase?
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Leave it to the folks at the unFiction alternate reality gaming site to figure this out.

It's looking fake. If you look at this photo you can see:

1.) Same Head (albeit rotated, and with a mouth from a different photo)/Eyes/Nose/Hair/Earrings
2.) Same collar bone
3.) Same Hands (with the top finger from the right hand repeated on both hands since the original finger on the left hand was partially covered)
4.) the Right shoulder (which is covered in the original photo) is actually a different hue from the rest of her upper body and looks painted.
5.) Same rings on the hand (The giveaway, it would have been easy to remove so I'm not sure why they didn't)
6.) The skin-tone of the breasts (which aren't MF's) doesn't match the collar area either.
7.) Neither her bracelets nor her corset cast shadows on her save for the default drop shadows added through Photoshop. In reality there would be some shadow play behind the gold emblem on her right side where it rests on her breast, as well as on the back of the bracelets where they would be pushing into her skin.

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
quote:

She uses both phrases on this page of an early Wonder Woman comic.

Here's another where she uses "Suffering Sappho".

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Nighthawk, could you link to that Megan Fox as Wonder Woman picture again? I'm not sure I caught it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Snoring snakes.

Oh. Heck. Yes.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
quote:

Really? I was more of a Marvel fan when I was a kid, which is probably why I got the phrase wrong, but I don't think I've even heard of Metamorpho. Wonder where I picked up the phrase?
Never heard of Metamorpho? How can such a thing be.

Link

(Here's the whole album, btw. I most heartily recommend tracks 1, 4 and 6. "He used to be a crook but he reformed and then, he reformed and reformed and reformed again!"

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it's fake. Look at the head-thingy.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega M.:
... Perhaps, but she doesn't seem muscular enough to look credible performing feats of strength. Or does Wonder Woman have a magical kinetic force that lets her do that?

Theoretically, her build seems roughly equivalent to a Zhang Ziyi, if much less than a Michelle Yeoh.

That said, I don't think that she could actually sell it.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:
quote:

She uses both phrases on this page of an early Wonder Woman comic.

Here's another where she uses "Suffering Sappho".

Huh. I stand corrected. Sit corrected. Whatever. Thanks.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sure. I'll check out your links when I get home; work has 'em blocked.

This is an interesting article about the creation of Wonder Woman, by the way. Found it when I was looking for "Suffering Sappho" panels.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that there was any question about whether it was photoshopped or not.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I'm surprised that there was any question about whether it was photoshopped or not.

It's not a matter of whether it's Photoshopped or not; that's obvious.

Now, whether it's REAL or not is another matter.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Megan Fox isn't bulky enough for me. I'm trying to think of somebody who fits the Wonder Woman build better.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

*I* didn't realize it was Photoshopped.

I was looking at something other than the way the shadows reflected off her wrist bracelets, I suppose.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Her surprisingly high hairline, I assume.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was looking at something other than the way the shadows reflected off her wrist bracelets, I suppose.
I know I was.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
She had wrist bracelets?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Megan Fox isn't bulky enough for me. I'm trying to think of somebody who fits the Wonder Woman build better.
Lucy Lawless?

ETA: Actually, now that I'm looking at her, she's pretty thin. I guess it was all the leather that made her seem buff.

ETA2, re Megan Fox's Wonder Woman: Has she always had a necklace that looks like the old WWF logo?

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
You probably know this, but Lucy Lawless does the voice of Wonder Woman in the film Justice League: The New Frontier.

And that poster looks AWFUL. Oi.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I actually had no idea. [Smile]
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
Her surprisingly high hairline, I assume.

Actually, the weird, narrow cannon-thingies sticking off her hips.

Could NOT figure out what those were.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading about her origin I REALLY wish Megan Fox was playing her.....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
She looks like Miley Cyrus in the picture.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as fan-created images, I've seen better.
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
LoL.

The quality of the photoshop on that one was good, but it looked a little too live-action "Masters of the Universe" for me.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The real story on this lies here....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.