FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's talk about Wolverine

Author Topic: Let's talk about Wolverine
Abyss
Member # 3086

- posted      Profile for Abyss   Email Abyss         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoiler alert.

I had a friend watch the pirated internet copy, and he hated it. So naturally I had to see for myself.

I'm a film student, so I've gotten used to seeing rough cuts. As rough cuts go, I don't know what everybody was complaining about. I'm still going to see it in theaters.

So. Those of you who saw the pirated version. What's your beef, specifically? What did you think was so terrible?

Or on the flip side, what did you like?

I'll start.

Further spoiler alert.

Liked:

Wolverine (always)

Hobbit/Charlie from Lost with electrical powers.

Deadpool (pre-monsterfication)

Sabertooth/Wolverine relationship

Gambit (casting)

Wolverine's girlfriend

Seeing Stryker's son for a second. That was a nice touch.

Didn't like:

Wolverine being a pansy and quitting the team for no good reason.

Deadpool (post-monsterfication)

Gambit vs. Wolverine fight didn't make any sense since Sabertooth was RIGHT THERE, but, alas, movie-logic.

Sabertooth's tiger-pouncing-walk was stupid

Posts: 280 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my main complain would be a complete lack of a coherent plot, character development, or anything worthy of being called a story. Personally I find the whole "mutant with magical powers" business to be trying, especially when apparently everyone and his brother has unlimited physical stamina, speed, strength, and intelligence.

Oh and let's not forget the entire conflict between Wolverine and his brother is based on a single slight after having been fighting together for, apparently, a century. The most interesting aspect of the story was that never ending life, and it was glazed over in about 45 seconds of montage. Why?

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
It opens in New Zealand today. I haven't seen it but saw a review of it on a breakfast TV show. The reviewer said she enjoyed it but it didn't grab her, and the day after she couldn't really remember it. For what it's worth.....
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.