FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Location? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Location?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you're "raising awareness."

I do my part by posting on Hatrack. See, by making posts and threads that potentially reach an audience of thousands no matter what I write I'm "raising awarness."

Man, I'm seriously craving Cheetos Puffs.

<--- just raised awareness for lack of Cheetos Puffs.

[ August 19, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if it's awareness that you're raising.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You are now aware that I'm craving Cheetos Puffs and do not have any.

That's raising awareness, dammit.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
There should be a save the Cheetos Puffs foundation, or a give the Cheetos Puffsto people who crave Cheetos Puffs foundation.

Wow, I'm so much more aware of the lack of Cheetos Puffs now.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I could also go for a Mexican Mocha about now.

<--- just doing her part.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Now where is that Evil Genie...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Genies aren't evil, even if the wishes they grant are.

Time to do my part, I have no idea what a Mexican Mocha is.

see I'm raising awareness about the state of edjucation in America.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Marek - Jamie is referring to the Evil Genie thread.

And a Mexican Mocha is a mocha (espresso and steamed chocolate milk) with cinnamon and some other super secret Mexican tradition spices. Or summin. And they're really, really yummy.

Sweet Jebus, man, educate yourself!

Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in my ratty little messy apartment wondering if the card table my computer and tv are on will eventually fall through...
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I want some chee-tos.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
some other super secret Mexican tradition spices...
Bet you 20 pesos they're some sort of pork product.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh SURE, Annie. A special, MAGICAL animal that makes mexican mochas.
Annie
Member # 295

All I know is that every authentic Mexican food I've ever tried was some variation of pork. There are like 45 different words for pork in the Spanish language. You just watch out - I bet your mocha's chock full of manteca.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Homer: "So Lisa, you're not going to eat any meat anymore, not even bacon?"

Lisa: "No"

Homer: "Ham?"

Lisa: "No"

Homer: "Pork chops?"

Lisa: "Dad those all come from the same animal!"

Homer: (Condescending) "Yes Lisa, a special MAGICAL animal from fairy land!"

[ August 20, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Annie
Member # 295

That's funny.

I never knew how funny The Simpons was until I moved out of my house and wasn't forbidden to watch it. And now I don't get cable, so I guess I'll be forever culturally deprived.

I think I'll manage, though.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I think I'll manage, though.
This is a fallacy. If you have seasons upon seasons of Simpsons episodes to catch up on, especially seasons one through eight, then you best be trying to hunt them down.

Do you have a connection faster than basic dial-up? If you're staying in a dorm on campus do you have a T-1? If yes, then download them. Trade them with friends. Make signs that offer favors in trade for tapes. Do what you have to do, woman, just get your hands on those episodes.

A life without Simpsons... well, that's just no life at all. [No No]

Annie
Member # 295

I did see the episode where two aliens show up at the front door and Homer goes "AAAHH! Mormons!" That was pretty classic.

Also, I saw the U2 episode because, hey, who hasn't? I think it's really funny when Larry calls Bono a wanker.

And I saw the one where someone says that "proactive" is the type of word that stupid people use to make themselves sound smart.

I guess it's kind of the same as the three episodes of Seinfeld I've seen - just enough to help me fake my way through shallow conversations. [Razz]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.