FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, Why Is It...? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, Why Is It...?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. When dkw thinks she may have offended me, things ain't right in Beantown. [Wink]

Actually, the only thing that will offend me is slamming my comedy. (Jeff - You kill my father. Prepare to die.)

[ August 28, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
When you say "the Jack Chick parodies," do you mean the ones here? You don't mean the original tracts themselves, do you?

-o-

On a related note, I once had someone send me a Landover Baptist Church link (in semi-serious outrage), thinking it was a real Baptist church!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I meant the parodies here. I only wish the originals were parodies too.

I have seen Landover Baptist used as an example in online arguments by anti-Baptist or anti-Christian people who think it's a real Baptist church. And a friend of my brother's had a website where he pretended to be a "fire and brimstone" Christian columnist and answered questions. It was hideous, and again, people would use it as an example of how ridiculous Christians are, not realizing it was satire. I think he's quit doing it, but I'm not sure.
[Frown]

However, anyone who doesn't realize that a vision involving lambchop the sheep puppet is satire needs to get his humor meter adjusted. [Monkeys]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.