FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which OSC character would be the best lover? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which OSC character would be the best lover?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Yeah celia, that would have its...uses.

Anyone else afraid that OSC may wander into this thread and officially refuse to ever write anything ever again, just out of a general sense of horror?

Of course, it wouldn't be long before he'd be sneaking off and writing erotica about the gelatinous mass, but he probably wouldn't let any of us read it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, what about Papa Moose? [Wink]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
A good-looking gaunt...they always know exactly what you want.

[ August 26, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Relatively short ones, but yeah.

Okay, that was in reply to twinky's post about the tentacles.

[ August 26, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now I will never be satisfied. (CT)

I think I just bit my tongue off.

Well, now that did it for sure.

Noemon: [Big Grin]
Hey, there is Jello in the cafeteria today ...

(Okay, enough. Self-ban for two days, or at least until I get my propriety back in place.

Damn the GM. Damn him and his wiggly ways. [Mad] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it highly peculiar that so many people are selecting ender. Doesn't anyone think that the drowning quantity of guilt that he felt for annhiliating an entire species would sort of mute his libedo?

That's on top of someone who has an asexual personality (as characterized by complete neglect to mention any sort of attraction to girls in EG, as well as his continued solitude in the jane books), who then, in the twilight of his life joins an order of celebates.

Lets face it, ender doesn't seem like one who's terribly concerned about physical relationships.

But as it was mentioned before, i haven't ever really concidered any of OSC's characters in terms of how romantically attractive they might be to me. [Roll Eyes]

I'm surprised noone has mentioned either Wang Mu, or Petra. Push coming to shove, i'd probably go for Wang Mu.

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> Now I will never be satisfied. << (CT)

>> I think I just bit my tongue off. << (twinky)

>> Well, now that did it for sure. << (CT)

[Embarrassed] [Blushing] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Evil] [Evil] [Evil]

(This post is the epitome of why I think CT is so wonderful.)

[ August 26, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Incidentally this thread made me suddenly realize that I have read Octavia Butler. The author's name didn't mean anything to me, but the word "ooloi" triggered something in my brain and I went onto amazon and looked. I know I've read all three in the series though I barely remember when.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Driscoll
Member # 4488

- posted      Profile for Don Driscoll   Email Don Driscoll         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody has even mentioned Ansett here. With the whole shutting-the-brain off thing past him, he should be pretty high on the list. He was willing to "take one for the other team" just because the other guy thought it was a good idea. Of course, the other guy wasn't too picky. I keep meaning to submit the (correct) quote "I'm 60% into women, 36% into men, and 4% into sheep, but I'm 100% into you, baby!" to the Quote Database but I figure people might get the wrong idea.

-Don

P.S. Has anyone ever tried to use that as a pickup line?

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, twinky. I'd lean more toward Mama Squirrel, but that's just me (and better remain just me [No No] ).

That aside, there are many to choose from. I'd probably choose Patience for overall character and emotional bonding (though from a physical standpoint I'd prefer she be the Patience on the paperback rather than the hardback), but if we're talking strict physical lovemaking, then Queen Beauty when she still looked like Berry.

With all Lalo's talk of Tikas, I can't help but wonder about Diko, though.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised none of the women have mentioned the Russian bear. Baba Yaga seemed to think he had all the right stuff...

[ August 26, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Jacare Sorridente ]

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i have to agree with pod about ender.

and the more i, uh, think(?) about it, the more certain i am of my answer. well educated, sexy accent, likes to argue...i don't think there's anything unattractive in that package.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose, I just read through this whole thread waiting for your comment to pop up. (About Patience, not Squirrel).

Patience was far and away the most erotic character for me in my OSC reading. Granted she was led on by thought control and such, but boy was she hot! [Blushing]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, AJ or ak, do you think that the GM would have an MPD? Or is that TMI? Probably best to keep it on the QT. Or the DL, whichever you prefer.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Moly, I have to say Ivan on this one. I've been madly in love with him since the book came out. [Smile] Drat the wedding ring. [Wall Bash] He's so sensitive and sweet...and providing that he's at least 6' tall, he'd do just fine for me!! [Monkeys]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
A sexually pent-up Valentine, before she lands on Trondheim. [Cool]
Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd have to go with Petra at age 20, I think.

Then again, I'm surprised no one has said Sister Carlotta...

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... sacrilege?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmmmm... sacrilicious..... [Embarrassed]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
>_O
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Bejeebus, CT's a skank.

If she lowered her standards to allow for any self-promotion at all, she'd blow the Ralphster out of the water. And I don't mean maybe.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
The Maker business...that's downright attractive, but there don't seem to be any female Makers in the books, at least not so far as I've read. [Grumble]
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.