FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Win one for the groper.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Win one for the groper....
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually...some of these sexual harrassments happened after Arnold was married.

No kiddding? Maybe that's why I said "(but unfortunately not all)."

So? Sexual harrassment is sexual harrassment.

Yes, but Arnold had not held himself out as some kind of shining example as BC had.

Now that he is governor do you think his habits are suddenly going to change?

Yes, I do.

He is now a good role model?

I guess we'll see.

harrassment is harrassment no matter where it happens.

But place and circumstances can make it even worse (movie set = bad; Oval Office = even worse).

I don't think he has really specifically apologized or acknowledged that he has done these things yet.

quote:

"Yes, it is true that I was on rowdy movie sets and I have done things that were not right which I thought then was playful but now I recognize that I offended people."

"Those people that I have offended, I want to say to them I am deeply sorry about that and I apologize because that's not what I'm trying to do," he said.

Sounds like and admission and an apology to me. He didn't say "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

All BC is guilty of was having an affair (consensual) and then lying about it when pressed.

Several other women have accused BC of rape and attempted rape. IMHO, their stories are just as believable as the ones against Arnold.

Again, not excusing Arnold here.

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, but Arnold had not held himself out as some kind of shining example as BC had.
Actually, during a speech I heard him talk about his "higher calling" to being governor and pointing heavenwards. In a way, that kind of implies that at least HE thinks he's a shining example of something.
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, I have a HUGE problem with both Clinton and Arnold's actions.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Arnold is the shining example of the American Dream, especially to immigrants.

Like him or not, he's been successful as a body builder and incredibly successful in the movie business (not just as an actor). Let's see, as a Republican (albeit a very moderate one) he married into the Kennedy clan, has had numerous good investments, did work to promote fitness in children (something we need much more of) and managed to get through the Hollywood lifestyle as a neophyte (and he was pretty naive when he got to the US) with only that small amount of smearing to his name.

Now, he's governor of California. I'd say he's a shining example of success and the potential to succeed that everyone has.

Can he govern? I don't know. The last one there apparently couldn't.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what Grey Davis was like and I didn't really follow the elections, but personally I would not vote for a bodybuilder and action movie actor.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.