FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » They need to make a movie based on... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: They need to make a movie based on...
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor William Gibson has not had good luck in how his stuff has been translated into screen. I never saw 'New Rose Hotel', but I heard it was not good, and I know Johnny Mnemonic wasn't very good at all.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
Neal Stephenson's books ( Zodiac , The Diamond Age , and Snow Crash ).

A version of DUNE that combines the good stuff of the Dino de Laurentis and SciFi channel versions, without the stupid parts.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld series

And I've always found OSC's Wyrms to lend itself to moody, haunting, Herbert-esque images, at least in my head.

btw: I remember when Gormenghast was on TV and I could never remember who that sharp-faced young fellow was. Thank you for tying up one little loose thread in my life. [Smile]

[ February 01, 2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Sachiko ]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Snow Crash as a mini series on the Sci Fi channel. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

That would be awesome. [Smile]

I think that Hiro Protagonist is the best character name, ever.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

Sorry...do people even say "awesome" anymore?

Well, then.

That would be totally radical, dude!

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, the "a" word is the only way to describe a pizza deliverying, sword wielding, ass kicking, VR world building, hacker. [Razz]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

(sorry, it's me again)

also: The book Replay by I can't remember who. I thought that was what THe Butterfly Effect was going to be, actually.
In the book, this guy dies and wakes up to find himself young again and back in college, but with his memories of his past life intact. He lives another life, dies, and wakes up in his past again. Then he finds that there are other people experiencing the same phenomenon. I think it would lend itself really well to film.

Sachiko
Member # 6139

Hai!
what he said.
[Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper.

And . . .

Wintermind by M. Kaye and P. Godwin.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.