FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help a Newbie Out (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help a Newbie Out
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I do like it. It's just that it's what *you* call me, not what *everybody* calls me.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn right it is!

[Kiss]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Past names: nothing relevant (a deleted pirate name)

Hatrack name: ClaudiaTherese

AIM name: clautherese, I think

Preferred name: CT, Claudia, pretty much whatever works for you

Other forums: CT on leonardcohenforum.com, CT at sakeriver, C.T. on GreNME, and the very secret Tess on the Forum Which Must Not Be Revealed.

Follower status: I consider myself a Noemonite (hope to reach Page status within a few years [Wink] ), a follower of the Church of Bob, and a bodyguard in the pooktopian militia. I also temporarily inhabit the heads of those I admire, but it's more of a personal idiosyncracy.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Confused]

Do you, too, frequent the Forum Which Must Not Be Revealed? [Eek!]

*mimes the secret recognition signals

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll bite.

Here: eslaine, Erik Slaine, Erik Blackheart, Professor Farnsworth, and here's the others few have guessed or known:

[edited]

Thanks for not telling anyone, rivka and Ryuko. And, of course, Toni.

That's all I will cop to. For now.

[ March 06, 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Past names: N/A
Hatrack name: Corwin
AIM name: N/A
Real name: Corwin of Amber. I dropped the "of Amber" part after realizing that the only reason for wanting the throne was because my brother Eric was on it...
Really real name: "You think you know me just because you know my name ?"
Preferred name: A few centuries ago I would have demanded you to call me "Your Majesty", or "Your Royal Highness". Nowadays, I think Corwin will do.

And English is not my first language. And while I'm currently in France, neither is French. Ever heard of Thari ? [Wink]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I love zelazny too.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Past names: I cannot remember what it was
Hatrack name: mr_porteiro_head
AIM name: MrPorteiroHead
Preferred name: Porteiro, Port

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Anna, if you look in my profile you can see my reason for being in France. However I'm going to save you some time. I'm in Villeurbanne (that's practically Lyon) and I study computer sciences at INSA. I'm in the fourth year right now (one year left). I studied my first two years in Rouen and during my first year I went once to Lille for a couple of days to visit one of my compatriots (you know, from Amber [Wink] ) who studies medicine there. Btw, why are you up this late ?! [Big Grin]

[Edit: Darn, I guess you did look in my profile, after all...]

[ March 06, 2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

My future husband studied at the INSA and told me it was wonderful !
EDIT Yes, I looked your profile [Smile]
EDIT AGAIN well, why are YOU up that late ? [Big Grin]

[ March 06, 2004, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Anna:
quote:
EDIT AGAIN well, why are YOU up that late ?
Well, aren't you the smart one ? [Razz] The truth is, I'm becoming addicted to Hatrack. A couple of hours in front of the computer in order to keep up with the new stuff on Hatrack, added to working most of the day in front of the computer, with a hobby (programming computer games) that also involves staying (yeap, you guessed it...) in front of the computer... I think I'll soon *generate* a Jane -like being who will help me better interract with the wwpw (world wide philotic web) !
Anna
Member # 2582

Another Hatrack addicted ! I'm going to bed just now, finally (because my future husband told me it was really late. Well, he's right.)
Good night !

Corwin
Member # 5705

Good night to you too, Anna. And "vive Hatrack !"
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Name: Teshi
Prefer to be Called: Teshi, although IRL I have been called Tesh, when the i becomes a little to much to handle.

Yeah, I'm another of those really exciting, enigmatic people. [Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(bumped for Kwea)
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

- posted      Profile for shadowmaker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll play along.

hatrack name: look a few inches to the left
AIM name:Relientkfan926
email: dchase26@ameritech.net
evil plans: like i'll tell you

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plain Jane
Member # 6142

- posted      Profile for Plain Jane   Email Plain Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack name: Plain Jane
AIM name: Dramaqueen911JF
Preferred name: any of the above works, and I've heard just about every variation there is, but most just call me Janelle or Jani.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack name: beverly
AIM: BeverlyOnHatrack (my husband gets the credit for that one.)
No past names

[ March 12, 2004, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Name: Jill

Wow, that was easy.

Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Past names: none
Hatrack name: BelladonnaOrchid
Alternate Hatrack identity: Satyagraha
AIM name: Istrasorchid
Past AIM name: Orchidchaos
Real name: Cassa-but absolutely do NOT call me that. I hate my first name, and no, it's not short for Cassandra, so don't call me that either.
Preferred name: Orchid-I grow them, I love them, I have a tattoo of a sophrolaeliocattleya, call me one-I may as well be one.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good thread...

Past Names: Dr. Seuss
Hatrack: Zevlag
AIM: JBGZevlag

I respond to Zevlag, Zev, or Josh quite regularly. I'm a kiwi at heart, and one of AK's acolytes.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack name: Shigosei
AIM name: Shigosei
Preferred name: Shigosei. I also answer to "Shig" if you're in too much of a hurry to type those last four letters. IRL I go by my real name, of course.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Name: Goody Scrivener, no aliases as yet
AIM name: SewCorny
Preferred name: Jenn, Corny, Goody
Connections: BannaOJ, Xnera, Bernard and Jeni, Tom and Christy (and Sophie) and Farmgirl

[ November 13, 2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack: Vadon
Old on Hatrack: None
Old elsewhere: Zomaza, Ender... Ok I was young alright?
Real: Rob
Preffered: Rob, or Vadon.
AIM: DerVadon

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, thanks, but I never did see this until now...lol...

Hatrack Name: Kwea
Past Names: None
Followers Titles: N/A (I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you)
AIM Names: KweaJr, KweaSr (notice a pattern here?)...I use KweaSr now, most of the time.

Connections to Jaquertos IRL: Married to JenniK; have met many NE Hatrackers at the WMASS Hatrack Picnic, and in Boston when Bob_S visited.

Oh, and Kama, too.

Kwea

[ November 13, 2004, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Name: Troubadour
AIM Name: TooTrueTroubs
Preferred Name: Any - Kelsey, Kelse, Troubadour or Troubs... all are fine.
Past Names: TooTrueTroubs
Hatrackers IRL: Ethics Gradient. Have spoken to Ralphie, T_Smith, one of the Sara's and would like to speak to the other one.... [Wink]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Name: Teshi
Other Names: None (and no that isn't another name, I mean "none" as in "zilch")
Aim Name: TeshiEvans
Real Life Name: Victoria
Prefer: Teshi (most people abbreviate Victoria and je deteste les nicknames de Victoria. It's either Victoria or nothing, so Teshi is your best bet)

I have no minions and am not a minion. I am my Own Master </genie voice>.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Past names: I've been Toni, Black Ralphie Bonnie and Rita Spankmistress. But I retired my spankalita ways and gave them to celia. Who gave the nick to someone else. I think.
Hatrack name: Ralphie
AIM name: AntoniaDodge
Preferred name: Hey you, the hottie over there, yeah you. Simply using "Hottie" may suffice.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack name: Telperion the Silver
AIM: TelperionSilver
Other Hatrack names: NONE. I am not KarlEd. [Smile]
Preferred name: Any... Telp and Telpy are cool too. [Cool]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack name: Stan the man. Can be shortened to just "Stan".
Past names: none.
AIM name: Reagan Stan. For all those confused before, Stan is the consistent faction here.
RL name: As if I would let you use my first name. Just call me Stan and your good to go. If you try (it's around here somewhere)to get my first name and use it, no good will come of it. Unless you happen to be a relative.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.