FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Take the Nerd test -- twenty bucks says even Tom isn't more than sixty percent Nerd.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Take the Nerd test -- twenty bucks says even Tom isn't more than sixty percent Nerd..
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Then you aren't even a GEEK, much less a nerd. Unless you've somehow managed to write a Minesweeper mod or something. [Smile]

[ March 15, 2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I'm in Moose's camp. I have never bought a computer game for myself.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to include a number of computer games that were gifts from others:
  • Fisher Price Baby Smartronics
  • Sesame Street Toddler
  • Mickey Mouse Preschool
  • Winnie the Pooh Preschool
  • Stanley Tiger Tales
  • Putt-Putt Saves The Zoo
  • Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
Aside from a grateful parent, what does that make me? <Fears answer.>
--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
42% (+) Nerd. Somehow that seems fitting.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it makes you the parent of potential nerds, and perhaps the cause of nerdiness in others, but not a nerd yourself. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
28.571428571428573%

That's about right. My lack of video gaming and role playing experience killed me. And so did anything related to binary. And apparently, while I do know some Star Wars and LOTR esoterica (albeit not enought to be nerd-credible), my Star Trek knowledge is very limited.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a carrier, eh? Cool.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
50% for me, and I object to the gaming questions. I know plenty of people way nerdier than I could ever hope to be (even if I practiced for a decade), and they don't touch any games that don't include dice. A nerd who plays mostly computer games is like a closeted gay man... it's like denial. [Razz]

And Dune is older than 30 years, by the way. Published in 1965 (I used to know the month, but I've been lax), and there were shorts published in magazines before that.

<--- is not a nerd. Very much a geek, but nowhere near being a nerd.

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
54.76190476190476%

Yeah. I'm the nerdiest girl on this board.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*psst, Shigosei is female*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
2.380952380952381% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Thank God. I never played D&D. There were Matrix and Dune questions.......what's Dune?

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
61.904761904761905% nerd blood flows through your veins.

Wow. Only a couple of people here have beaten me. That frightens me.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
9.523809523809523% nerd blood flows through my veins.

I think I only got the Lord of the Rings questions right... maybe some war craft....
I deffinitely got the homestar runner ones right. [ROFL] hee hee

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
35.714285714285715% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Well, now I know I am 3.7499 times more nerdy than my wife. Cool.

[ March 15, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Marlozhan ]

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
I am proud to say that I answered all questions that pertained to HHGTTG, LOTR, SO: 2001, and the Matrix correctly.

Does that just make me a well-read nerd?

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually managed to get more questions right than I deserved, just through logic. Like the one about the poem inscribed on the One Ring. I don't actually speak the tongue of Mordor, but if you know the poem in English, it's pretty easy to assign the corresponding lines. Two of the lines are totally parallel, one is short and somewhat parallel, and one is longer and very different from the others. Plus, it rhymes in both languages. Since the question was about one of the non-parallel lines, it wasn't hard to guess which it was.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edgardu
Member # 242

- posted      Profile for edgardu           Edit/Delete Post 
30.952380952380952% for me.

I vote that everyone who rounded off their scores should be assessed a 50% penalty. Shame on you! Have you no respect for precision?

Posts: 176 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Geoff, that's nerdier than just knowing the answer.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*proud of Geoff*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
actually I used the exact same logic as Geoff to get the answer.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*proud of Anna*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
26.19047619047619% - I might be infected! [Eek!]

I'm proud of my quarter nerdyness.

I actually knew 4 answers - so must have guessed right on the rest. Didn't have a clue on the comp games or D&D stuff.

[ March 15, 2004, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Curses! Foiled again.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
23% It told me to watch out, I may be infected. Good thing there were no questions about D&D 3.5!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
61.904761904761905%

Dangeresque 2!
This time... it's not Dangeresque 1...

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
19.047619047619047% nerd blood flows through your veins.

I'm a pathetic n00b. [Razz]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
35.714285714285715%

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

eslaine, the question about the ranger's AC in 3.0 applies to 3.5 as well. [Smile]

(And Geoff, I used exactly the same approach on the LotR poem. *grin*)

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*hangs head*

*kicks imaginary rocks*

Yeah, I got that question right, Tom...

[ March 15, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
33%!

Would probly have been bigger if I knew anything about videogames.

Ni!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out I'm balanced. Who knew? [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
30.952380952380952%

I'm so ashamed! I'm not as nerdy as I thought!

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
35.714285714285715% nerd blood flows through your veins.

Stupid D&D other then thaqt I think I was pretty close.

Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a tad over 9%.

Hmmm.

Well, if the test dealt with such items as medieval clothing, when the longbow first moved out of Wales, important trees in rituals . . . sigh.

I gave up and selected the humorous answers when the immediate answer didn't spring to mind. Or become readily apparent through application of cold, careful logic (a la Geoff - that really IS nerdy, me boyo!)

Ah well -

Live long and make lots of money so you can afford the liposuction to get rid of Aguilera's hips . . . [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I remain in shock...I got almost exactly 1/3, just slightly over...here I thought I might get barely over 10%...apparently I was wrong...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
30.952380952380952% nerd blood flows through your veins.

About half were guesses, but I got the LotR stuff right away! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.