FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How far from Evil? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How far from Evil?
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I live with it.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, not EVIL, but notorious, at least.

Pretty Boy Floyd was directly related to my mom...I think he was her much older cousin or something like that.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lotsa pop icons, vague references to world-leaders, some hatrack-trademarked name-dropping, and VERY FEW LINKS to EVIL.

Okay. You want real evil? Fine.

Link from me to:

One of my best friends in junior high--->Charles Manson

Link from me to:

A woman I took classes with in community college--->Susan Atkins (one of Manson's minions)

By my count, that's one person between me and two different pretty evil people. And, if you want to count seeing someone walking around town without ever actually meeting them, you can remove the intermediate link of my junior high friend between me and Manson. *Shudder*

[ March 17, 2004, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: littlemissattitude ]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bout -----><------ far from being EEEEEEEEEEEvil.

Doctor Eeeeeevil.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
TomDavidson, me, katharina...

Evil incarnate.

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Evil?

I'd have to check, but I think I may be Sauron's second cousin once-removed.

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evil
Member # 4830

- posted      Profile for Evil           Edit/Delete Post 
Well...
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I forgot. My Mom's aunt's husband was shot and killed by Dillinger. He was FBI or some other kind of law enforcement.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay. You want real evil? Fine.

Link from me to:

One of my best friends in junior high--->Charles Manson

Link from me to:

A woman I took classes with in community college--->Susan Atkins (one of Manson's minions)

[Angst] [Eek!]

Well, your connections certainly cross over the line from "vile" to "evil" even on my agnostic measuring scale. Most impressive so far, to me, anyway.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, dear. I seem to have forgotten another link to evil, until I was over reading in another thread. I know a girl who has a picture of herself and Jeffrey Dahmer, taken in her living room (she used to live next door to Dahmer's mother).
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evil
Member # 4830

- posted      Profile for Evil           Edit/Delete Post 
It really depends where you are relative to Southern California.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
and, now, how about the GOOD?

How many "steps" or "DEGreeeees" of separation are you from the GOOD people in the world?

*raises eyebrow conspicuously*

[ March 18, 2004, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: fallow ]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one step away from Johnny Carson, but I'm pretty sure he's not evil.

And I'm a little surprised thor hasn't posted in this thread.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD?

Me->My Dad->Nelson Mandela
Me->My Uncle->Nelson Mandela
Me->My Aunt->Nelson Mandela
Me->My Friend's Dad->Nelson Mandela

Me->My Aunt and Uncle->The King of Norway->Basically anyone.

You can also link Nelson Mandela to almost anyone important.

[ March 18, 2004, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm..... do you class Rock Music as Evil?

Me - My Brother - His girlfriend - Her Second Cousin = Gavin Rosdale - Married to - Gwen Stefani.

Oh and I met Alastair Campbell last week, some think he used to run the country and was evil....does that count?

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

Okay. This is getting way too spooky to be funny.

As I reported in two other posts on this thread, I can establish connection to three - count 'em, three - murderers (hence their appropriateness to the title of this thread), using just one intermediate linke to each.

Well, as of this afternoon, the list has grown to four. For the moment at least, one of my teachers from when I did a paralegal studies program at a local community college is one of the attorneys represeting Fresno mass murderer Marcus Wesson.

This is getting too weird for words, and I'm not sure I like it at all.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin wrote a paper on the effect of industrialization on crime, which was incorporated into Ted Kazinski's "Manifesto."

My Grandfather was a close friend of Ted Geisel.

My mother in law lives down the street from where Kendall Francois kept the bodies in his parent's house.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
right on.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I can link to Mother Teresa with one intermediary.

Since we're moving on to GOOD people now.

This excludes all mass murders, cannibals, etc. [Razz]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

Okay. Good people.

I can link to Archbishop Desmond Tutu through one my professors at university.

And I don't know whether he's good or not, but Steve Harwell (the lead singer of Smashmouth) is the cousin of one of my best friends. Anyway, she says he's a good guy. [Smile]

fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
2 links to George W. Bush and by my ideals...evil.
Hell, half of my wife's family have mob links...I am at least 2 or 3 links away from most mob folks in a nearby and for y'all an unnamed city. Evil.

I spent a night drinking with Mike Edmonds, who played one of the small folks in "Time Bandits" (the one who ate rats?). He was a terribly nice bloke, but he knows David Warner and as we know...in that movie...he is EV-IL!! 2 steps from evil.

I was an understudy in a play written and directed by Edward Albee...he is an amazing writer, a competent (if lazy) director but in all ways diva-ish...he is evil. One step.

Done and done.

fil

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.