FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XIII: We've come to Noah count (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XIII: We've come to Noah count
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that there were some heated arguements over whether all the Ark surfaces should be sanded smooth or if very low traffic areas could suffice with rough hewn products. It seems that the Arktexture debate caused some splinter factions to break away. This dichotomy was left to fester and ultimately caused delays in the completion date.

[ August 22, 2004, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It must have been something when they saw that rainbow arking overhead. As the water receded, the tops of mountains formed an arkipeligo.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Most people don't know, but God had narrowed his choice down to two people. It came down to Noah and Herman, a long-time competitor of Noah's.

But Noah beat out his ark-rival.

[ August 22, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Noah was a good man and took no satisfaction that while he was safe and dry (mostly), all his arkenemies drowned in the flood.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Or the adversaries he really dreaded confronting: his ark enemas.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Too bad he didn't have better technology. He could have used an ark-welder.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
His problem was trying to build it himself. He should have just bought one of those Roman arks.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Nah, anything Roman moves around too much to be useful.
punwit
Member # 6388

Noah was accused of many things, hubris as well as many others. Not many are aware that he exhibited the unmitigated Gaulle to attempt to name his ship The Arche de Triomphe.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

He even tried to create a comic book after he landed, riding on the fame of his boat: "Arkie," it was called.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a little known fact that Noah really enjoyed floating around with all those animals. When they finally landed, however, Noah did give in to dis-pair.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Frankly, I think the whole original point of this thread is coming unraveled.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I guess he was sinking into deep pression. Sad.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, are you saying you want to bail?
punwit
Member # 6388

Dag, feeling like you've been strung along?
punwit
Member # 6388

Surely that's Knot what you meant?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Punwit, he is still floating in a sea of newlywed bliss. Give him a break.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Come on, Punwit, league him alone!!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Sew, I guess no one cares that I'm just twine to keep this on track.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, I was just trying to stop you two from having a row.
sndrake
Member # 4941

It's true God gave Noah the instructions to build the ark, but Noah had to gopher wood himself.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Thanks, I felt swamped.
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm thinking the original thread was just something to string us along. Something to tied us over to this Ark/flood thread. Probably knot what Noah envisioned.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

When Noah built the model of the Ark, he accidently put it on his best hat. So he had to tun the Ark over to get his cap sized.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yes, it seems that these threads ebb and flow.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

But there's been a surge of posts recently.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, punwit, I'm embarrassed to say that my oldest son got your one pun that I didn't (that you had to explain to me)
quote:
Not even the most modern ships can boast the number of braces that the ark can.
He was reading through this thread (all my kids love the pun threads) and thought that was hilarious. I asked him how he knew "braces" was two of an animal, and he said, "Don't you remember in LoTR where Samwise says he wishes he had a 'brace of coneys.'"?

[Wall Bash] I hate it when my kids keep proving they are smarter than me.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

At one point during the construction of the Ark Noah found himself seriously in debt. He couldn't find anyone to lend him the financing he needed to complete his project. He was sinking into despair and finally the family got together to brainstorm. They came up with the idea to host a circus-like benefit. They had many fun games and appearences by famous perfomers. They gathered enough money to complete the Ark and everyone agreed that The Arkaide was a huge success.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunately, Noah was soon awash in liquid assets.

<good one on the brace thing. I missed that too!>

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Bob,

quote:
Fortunately, Noah was soon awash in liquid assets.
Liquid assets... are these related to paired seahorses?

[ August 23, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I think those were pared, not paired.

For years after the flood, and before the forests had reestablished well, the boards from the ark were used to make torches to brighten things up a bit. The wood burned so brightly they naturally called them ark lights.

Okay, that was lame, but I'm running out of ark jokes.

IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*I pause here for a moment of silence, since punwit is unable to respond to Bob_S's pun....*
[Big Grin]

FG

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

When Noah assigned his crew to different tasks, everyone wanted the lookout job, even though the crow's nest was so tall as to be scary.

Being in the ark was worse than the heights.

Dagonee

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

God let two twin brothers named Frank come on the boat. They loved to play ball. Baseball, soccer, tennis, basketball, they just played every ball game they could think of or create materials for.

They were know as the Ball Ark Franks.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.