FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XIV: Let me atom! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XIV: Let me atom!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Where did you learn all that, Bob? I am just Curie-ous.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've run out of puns, I'll have to go check my periodicals for some new ones...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I once lost my valence and fell off a Planck.

[ August 29, 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
oh no! all the Dagonee Argon
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I broke a molar.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
The good news is, you can replace it with a joule. All those crazy rap artists are doing it.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Buoy, ain't you showin' yer density, tonight!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
The next hatrack getogether should be called siliCon.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ha ha!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Dag, I fall off my Plank's Constantly.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

If you want to stop falling, you should get rid of the Plancks. If you don't I might just have to cesium.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Someone tried to add marijuana to ground beef. He wanted to get Highs in Burg-ers.

Dagonee

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Forget Bush and Kerry! Elect Ron for Prez!!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Yeah Dag, until some one tried to smoke their burger. They lit the bread on fire using an Buns End Burner.

(Why am I always replying to Dag?)

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Because opposite charges attract?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Hey dude, you're just to negative.

Pst, about Ron for Pres, I mean he's a bright guy, um, but he's no Einstein-ium. I don't mean for this to get Heavy or such, but to win the election he'd have to like win the big states like, um, Californium and such. And to do that, he'd have to like, um, go all Organic.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Name the 3 most common types of WMD.

Nuclear
Biological
Chemical.

Name the 3 most common types of Chemistry sub-categories.

Nuclear Chemistry
Bio Chemistry
Organic Chemistry

Hence it logically follows that Organic foods are really WMDs, and Organic Farmers are all terrorists.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
And Biographers are all murderers.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That is because they are all foreign. Sick.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Do you have something against foreign biographers? Do you not quant um?

[ August 30, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that was a leap.

I think we've hit a flash point.

Or...it's just a phase.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Did you hear about NASA's attempt to open a restaurant near Jupiter? Soon, everyone will be able to Io dine.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dag is running rings around us. And he's doing it in a vacuum. So benzene but not heard.

Of course, his knowledge of Chemistry has brought him great wealth. He even got himself a really nice car -- a Mercedes Benzene.

It's pure amusement to him because it has ferrous wheels.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Dag drives a Benzene? I could have swore I saw him driving anIon.

You know, a Saturn Ion...

That was a bad one =/

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Actually, I drive a Neon.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mean to be super critical, but this thread is getting lamB. Sorry if I'm being flippase.

I was watching an episode of Firefly the other day and I kept waiting for Mal de hyde.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
When getting ready to watch a video with Canadians it's not unusal for one to hand you some popcorn and say "A, pop tose."
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

I had a really bad Crick in my neck needed to ask someone for help. "Cirr – Oh, sis!" I didn't realize it was my sister until she turned around. She asked me "Watt's wrong?" and I said, "It's my necro, sis. Know what xyline?" She had a sympathetic response at first and then sternly asked "Do eu kar yotic?" I tried to be succinate, "Yes!" It was hard to focus my thoughts; the papain kept messing up my concentration gradient.

Suddenly she burst into tears. "Whoa," I thought, "ICPMS." I knew I needed to offer her a complement or diffuse her somehow. I know to make sure it doesn't sound like a peptide talk, after all, I'm not a dopamine. It was time to go home but I knew cheering her up was the rate-limiting step. "Isn’t denature beautiful?" I asked, pointing to the trees, "It’s nice to be outside our four Waals, sometimes." "Thanks, Gene," she sniffed. I hated having to cheer her up all the time; it was some sort of futile cycle. I keep hoping it's some kind of FAD but I guess it's a phase she’ll pass through. Nevertheless, part of me wants to insulin her from harm.

But it was time to go back to our duplex. I put on my CAP and called, "HeLa!" to stop a cab. I was worried the CAB driver was trypsin, but I trusted him to stearic. The operator transmitted us home with no problems. I opened the liqour cabinet, we were in Texas and it was time for some southern blotting. But not so much that I'd YAC, that's just gross.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] btw I thought of you guys today. I was listening to the usual classical station, but with a substitute announcer do the daily trivia question. This week I guess the questions are about Ravell and he made this awful pun about "after this peice we will Ravell the answer" It was pathetic and bad, especially considering the quality of puns I've become accustomed to here!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] BtL

*wipes away tear* That was beautiful, man!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

[punoff]
As beautiful as BtL's post is, I have no basis for knowing if he's punning or just making words up. It's giving me an inferiority complex - maybe I should talk about tortious feoffment.
[punon]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* If'n ya ask nice, BtL might present an annotated version. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dag, I figured out why I keep ripping off or your puns.

Its because you and me have a wierd Chemistry.

Get it, Chemistry. The ultimate Chemistry pun.

Come on. Its funny.

No really. It is.

Oh, nevermind.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oh, no! That one got me from behind. I have an arsenic.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.