FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon III Planning Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon III Planning Thread
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
What is Boskone?

Added: Never mind - I saw the link.
quote:
Boskone is a regional Science Fiction convention focusing on literature, art, music, and gaming (with just a dash of whimsy). Come join us on common ground.
Hmm...that does sound like us.

[ December 03, 2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna meet Hatrackers! If it's in Atlanta, I can probably find a cheap fare there from DFW if anyone is willing to pick me up once I get there. Oh, and if we decide on the date pretty soon. And if no one minds babies. (I will so make her a costume, too.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
The Wingate was great place to do a Con. I'm all for it MLK weekend. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
stupid people
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*hugs*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Kiss] Katie

I'm coming back. Maybe even next summer.

/derailment

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? To see anyone on this board or for other reasons?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Huh?

I wanna visit Katie. And AJ. And celia. Though they don't know it yet.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
No one can go without the tender affection of Bok for very long.

Its just so quaint of him. Err, me.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
See, now you've gone and hurt my feelings, Kama.

Who will supply me with free Polish brews now??

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Yay!!!!! *cheers*

I will be in Europe in August. It would be horribly ironic to be there while you are here. We must plan. [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

Bok, you can always come and visit.

I, erm, *was* thinking August, kat. We do indeed have to plan.

*is very very sorry for the thread derailment*

[ December 03, 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

One good thing about being a stay-home mom of an infant: we can take off any time. (As long as I get enough notice to find cheap airfare, that is.) [Big Grin]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I, erm, *was* thinking August
No more Kama-parties on my birthday. Iffin' it's going to be August, don't make it the 13th. [Mad]

With that taken care of, yay! More Kama!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

hey ElJay, you can have a party on my birthday [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmmmm. When's your birthday? And do I have to come to Poland first?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

21 September. You don't need to come to Poland, though I'd be extremely happy if you did.

Make sure to invite some hot men and have them undress for you. And send me the pics.

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Big Grin] I'll send you something when I get home tonight. Your address is in your profile, right?
Kama
Member # 3022

Yup.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Wingate was great place to do a Con.
Yeah, it was. I found it quite comfortable.

I would love to come to the next WenchCon, or whatever big con we have. If it's in January, though, it would be very iffy I could make it due to finances. I really need more advance notice in order to save up for a vacation.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
We could do it again on president's day weekend, maybe. That is in February. March and April are , like, full of weddings and stuff, and after that the hotel rates go up.

I could throw somthing together, but I can't cater lunch. If we have people with Sabbath issues, I'll make sure you get food that won't compromise the requirments of your faith. But making food for 20+ people is NOT happening. Sorry. [Smile]

YOu know, there ARE two couples who are now engaged who met at last year's WenchCon. I guess it is a good place to meet chicks. Er, wenches. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

President's Day weekend is dkw's pre-wedding henna party in Minneapolis... just a reminder for those who were planning on joining us. (All Hatrack females are invited.)
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse school! ::shakes fist:: I'd be able to go if it was in the summer, but ah well. Here's to Kamacon II!

On another note, I might be flying up to Wisconsion over my spring break... Maybe we could have a quick dinner get-together again?

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I didn't realize it was the same weekend. I haven't made any calls or anything, so it's no big.

Any ideas, anybody?

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit. I dunno, take a poll maybe of the two options? Or create a third option as well, and THEN poll?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I think it's the same weekend. The party is the 19th... isn't President's ay 2/21?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sooo up for a Road Trip for any Midwesterners...

The last place was just fine. I still like MLK Jr. weekend, but whatever works out the best. It's very nice to have a 3-day weekend, especially for those of us who have to drive long distances. But I am so there!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

YEAY!
katharina
Member # 827

Both fun things on the same weekend. [Frown] Wait - it's the same weekend as the conference.

ALL THREE FUN THINGS ON THE SAME WEEKEND??

That's not good. [Frown]

ElJay
Member # 6358

katie doll, Jenny-G said MLK weekend... that's the one in January, not in February. The Henna party only conflicts with the silly Boston thing.

Although WenchCon doesn't seem settled yet...

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and recommendations for this year, DON'T FLY STANDBY OK.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

No e-mail from ElJay. Did she not send or is my e-mail being weird again?
mackillian
Member # 586

What do you mean, "Again?" That would imply that at some point, ElJay stopped being weird.
katharina
Member # 827

Another reccomendation: If you are going to be late, tell the person who is picking you up.

Oh, gotcha. Well, that's slightly better. Still bad, though.

*rifles through couch for pennies*

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to get off work for MLK weekend, but I don't think I can afford to pay for hotel rooms and stuff.

I miss you guys! I want to GO!

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Sorry Kama, I got distracted last night. Mail is on its way. [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

Ummm, I can't open it. Is that supposed to be a .dat file?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmmm.... lemme try again...
Kama
Member # 3022

[Eek!]

[Monkeys]

[ROFL]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[/QUOTE]
Kama

Make sure to invite some hot men and have them undress for you. And send me the pics. Posts: 3895 | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted December 03, 2004 02:41 PM Profile for ElJay Email ElJay Edit/Delete Post [Big Grin] I'll send you something when I get home tonight. Your address is in your profile, right?[/QUOTE]

Wow....ELJay didn't waste any time getting those naked pics, huh?

I knew I liked her for a reason.... [Evil]

[ December 04, 2004, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ya know, Kwea, given your supposition, you missed a lot more amusing quote with:

quote:
Sorry Kama, I got distracted last night.
When I didn't actually send it to her until this morning.
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a DLP projector and as many Miyazaki films and LOR films as are available on DVD. Unfortunately, my favorite chicken packing plant in South Georgia is demanding my presence before the end of 2004 and cannot put it off until MLK weekend.

Does anybody know if Oriental Trading Company sells a troll costume?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

kwsni, I'm sure there are more people than me who are planning to find someone to share a hotel room with-- it'll help cut costs.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember the events leading up to KamaCon correctly, someone circulated an email list of people interested in sharing hotel rooms along with personal preferences (non-smoker, smoker, etc.)

I suspect once the date for WenchConIII is confirmed and planning begins in earnest, another list will be circulated.

Failing that, you could go ahead and post a notice for hotel roommates on this thread.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Aw, skillery, you're killing me! I wish I could get a digital projector. I'm just thinking that maybe it's just too late for people to make travel arrangements...

Trevor, do you know of any decent but inexpensive hotels we could use? Otherwise I could just talk to the lady at the WinGate Inn in Kennesaw (off Barret Parkway).

We just need to decide on a date, and go from there, I guess.

TMedina
Member # 6649

Cheap hotels that I know of? What kind of person do you think I am? [Big Grin]

Seriously, I don't know of any personally, but I can make a list with location, prices and etc.

What specifics do you want in a hotel? I can narrow it down from there.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Come to think of it, there is a hotel on Peachtree Industrial, north of 285 - the room rates were quite reasonable, although I don't know about dining/ball room numbers.

If you'd like, I can pull up the location and rate information tomorrow.

-Trevor

Olivetta
Member # 6456

<3_<3

That would be great! [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wanna visit Katie. And AJ. And celia. Though they don't know it yet.
[Cry]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.