FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh my they killed the Last Post Thread!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh my they killed the Last Post Thread!!!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it either. [Dont Know]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrel, I'm warning you. If you insist on making that smiley an eternal presence on this thread, I may have to end it as well. I'll introduce it to my good friend, the complete works of Charles Dickens.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently you don't remember that Dobie was barred from this forum for essentially the same stunt.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

I think there is a difference when all I am doing is killing fluff threads without harming the rest of the board.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Fluff threads are good. They serve as a counter to all the seriousness of the political threads. Some of us like the fluff threads and don't want them to die.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
No, what you are doing is spamming the forum program, in a manner similar to denial-of-service.
If ya don't like fluff, don't read it.
The moderators are quite capable of removing things that don't belong here.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Surrender yourself to the fluff... [Evil]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
remember the fluff... the fluff... the fluff...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
[Wave] [Wave]
[Wave] [Wave] [Wave]
[Wave] [Wave]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

[Big Grin]
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] [Wave]
[Wave]
[Wave] [Wave]
[Wave]
[Wave] [Wave]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave] [Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Pfft. Amateur. [Roll Eyes]

[Wink]

Chaeron
Member # 744

aspectre, see what I mean? I don't think too many people would weep over the loss of this thread. Nonetheless, I accomplished my goal of ending the last post thread. If that means that I just created a new one, then them's the breaks. It's just not original the second time around.
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Actually, I think this is at least the third or fourth time around. And if you don't like it, butt out! Or in other words, if you think you're too good for this thread, then you probably are and we don't want you here anyway. [Taunt]
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* Here we go, I was right. The original last post thread got too big and overflowed a variable.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
As always with these bumps, I need to check dates better. At first I thought they finally managed to kill off the current one.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I got seriously confused seeing my name on the front page... [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
As always with these bumps, I need to check dates better. At first I thought they finally managed to kill off the current one.

Me too, until I saw a post from NFl and double checked the dates.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ti's mine for the time being.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
You're claiming the last post in a non-last post thread? Wow. [Smile]
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Man. It was kind of a shock seeing a newfoundlogic post. [Frown]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Man. It was kind of a shock seeing a newfoundlogic post. [Frown]

I hadn't noticed when I first glanced through the thread. But you're right. [Frown]
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by digging_holes:
Actually, I think this is at least the third or fourth time around. And if you don't like it, butt out! Or in other words, if you think you're too good for this thread, then you probably are and we don't want you here anyway. [Taunt]

It has been more than that. The oldest one I can remember had none of "Last" "Post" or "Thread" in the title.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by luthe:
quote:
Originally posted by digging_holes:

It has been more than that. The oldest one I can remember had none of "Last" "Post" or "Thread" in the title.
Around what time was that? The current one started up in 2004, and I'm guessing that the one before that lasted a fair amount of time. I know hatrack has been around for a fairly long time in internet terms, but I'm surprised that the last post threads have apparently been here for so much of it.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it started before the turn of the century, but after the switch from Big Mouth Lion to this new forum software. The original title, I believe, was something like "thread killer".
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
APPPPLESSAUUUUUUUCCEEEE
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.