FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I think she's losing the baby... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I think she's losing the baby...
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Boon, I'm so sorry for your sister and her family. How tragic. [Frown]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry to hear that. [Frown]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sorry [Frown]

[ September 10, 2004, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister-in-law suffered a miscarriage and a still birth at five months. She went on to have three beautiful, healthy children. This is a rough time for all of you. My condolences for now and my hope for the future.

[ September 10, 2004, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] My thoughts are with your sis, you, and your family.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
They can be very, very hard. I hope her BF is being good backup for her. Take care of yourselves.
Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Our prayers are with you, your family and your sister. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of xnera
Member # 3920

- posted      Profile for ghost of xnera   Email ghost of xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Boon, sister & family)))

My younger sister had a miscarriage two years ago. I was so upset that I had to leave work really early the next day, so I could go home and mourn. I am so sorry for your loss, and hope that your sister has the same happy ending mine did (my beautiful neice turns one this month).

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Boon. Warm fuzzy gentle hugs headed to you and your family.

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very, very concerned about her. I talked to her a little while ago, and she seemed fine. Then, about twenty minutes into our conversation (about something totally unrelated) she started sobbing. She said that was the first time she'd cried because she didn't feel like she could with our mom and her boyfriend.

I suggested that she call our doctor (yes, I referred her to my new awesome doctor when she first told me she was pregnant) and that I'd go with her. I think she needs to talk to a grief counsellor (sp?) or therapist or something. I help all I can, but I feel out of my depth on this one. I can't even imagine how she must be feeling right now.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect she's still in shock and feels both a guilty for the grief she thinks she caused her mom and boyfriend as well as her own feelings of loss, culpability and responsibility. Never mind the idea she's less of a woman because she can't conceive.

I highly recommend she talk to someone because the emotional issues are so complex and convulted in a case like this, she's more likely to lose her way and not find her way to better peace of mind.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Cry]

*hugs*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers. [Frown]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry! (((Boon and family)))

[Frown]

I remember when my sister lost her 18 week old baby--had to go to the hospital to give birth. Couldn't keep the body because it was a few weeks short of being considered a "stillbirth".

The pain, the emptiness.... I would never wish that on anyone.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.