FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Shoes! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Shoes!
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Aquasocks.

They're flexible and soft, but tough enough that glass/rocks/shells won't cut your feet. I wear them for windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing. Not always, cos I like going barefoot, but they give you better grip than wet feet (especially when sailing) and they are comfortable.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
The other day, Andrew was sitting on the bed while I was hanging up clothes in my closet. He happened to glance over at my shoe racks and said, "You have more shoes in there than I've had in my life."

What he doesn't know is that I have shoes hidden all over this house - in my off-season closet, in the back of his closet, in our basement, in the car.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Entirely different standard - I'm actually glad men can get away with such a minimalist approach to shoes. [Big Grin]

I have enough problems without wondering if my wardrobe is particularly bare.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, I have fewer pairs of shoes than Anna Jo!
I did just do a clearout, but what remains are:
Black Ravel shin-high boots, slight heel
Black Clarks flat loafers, nearly worn out but not quite
Black Gabor loafer-style shoes, slight heel, never worn (used to belong to my sister, but I tried them and they fit)
Pale blue Skechers trainers
White Nike trainers
Red, purple and black patchwork-stylee ankle boots
Silver strappy sandals
Black girlie shoes with ankle strap (not sure how else to describe them)
Cheap flip-flops

That's... 9... more than I thought I had, but on the low side for a lady, neh?

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not have many pairs of shoes, mostly due to the fact that I wear a 13w. If I had normal feet I would probably have many more pairs. I like shoes, most just don't fit me. [Frown]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not quite sure how many pairs of shoes I have. I know there are lots I don't wear. And I love to collect flip-flops.

The ones I actually wear:
Birkenstock clogs
Birkenstock sandals
red flip-flops made with really comfortable foam
natural colored flip-flops

The others:
Doc Marten boots
etnies sneakers
two pairs of Adidas running shoes
Adidas sandals
Tevas
dressy heels from prom
at least six pairs of flip-flops
etnies sandals
dressy sandals from graduation

And that's all I can think of. That adds up to one more than I am in years.

[ September 27, 2004, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: RRR ]

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but your years don't add up to many. [Razz]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aquasocks.

They're flexible and soft, but tough enough that glass/rocks/shells won't cut your feet. I wear them for windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing. Not always, cos I like going barefoot, but they give you better grip than wet feet (especially when sailing) and they are comfortable.

I always called those "water shoes"...
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I'm concerned about my shoes. It appears they've had a rough upbringing, after I went to their parents site http://www.lugz.com Do you think I need to put them in therapy to overcome their early scary environment?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

An additional story about my New Shoes.

They are comfortable so I've been wearing them everywhere.

At xnera's party:

Me: See these are the Steel Toed shoes I posted about on hatrack.

*Tom Davidson steps on my shoe*

Me: I told you they were steel toed!

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
The women of Hatrack are going to be so dissapointed with me. I just counted, and I have only seven pairs of shoes, four of which I actually wear.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I just counted, and I forgot about two other pairs of shoes from the last month: navy pumps and gray ballet slipper heels.

----

On the other hand, when I was in college, I wore only two pairs in the winter - brown boots during the week and black Mary Janes on Sunday. I wouldn't mind going back to that.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Today is my first day of trying to wear a different pair of shoes every weekday until I run out of work-appropriate shoes. Brown woven-leather Clark sandles. Tomorrow I think will be the lavender suede heels with the little bows. [Big Grin] (Work-appropriate means less-than 5" heel and lower-than knee high if boots. Except for my silver vinyl boots, as they're kinda part of a halloween costume, and just aren't work-appropriate any way you slice it.)

Edit: Oh, and tennis shoes aren't work appropriate either, so they won't be part of the game. Knocks out another 4 or 5 pairs from the count.

[ September 27, 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
I have, um, 61 pairs of easily accessable footwear.

Someone else tell me you went shopping tonight?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a new suit... no shoes though.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread, which I missed the first time around, makes me happy.

It means that my 25-or-so pairs are not all that obscene, after all. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW -- when I went up to Chicago, and visited BannaOJ and Goody, I DID end up buying myself a new pair of shoes. Because I had the luxury of Friday afternoon to just hang out and look around and shop by myself.

I had gone to Glen Ellyn to purchase a book at their quaint little downtown, and saw a shoe store nearby -- a real shoe store where a salesperson helps you find the best fit and puts them on your feet and everything! (you can tell I'm used to shopping at Target or K-Mart). And I bought myself a new pair of casual shoes for work. More $$$ than I would usually pay, but I'm sure they will last much longer. And I like them! The are comfortable!

Farmgirl

edit: oh - their Aerosoles....

[ October 29, 2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Thank you, imogen. Although I do think I'll be returning the shoes, one heel seems a little tight and I don't like them enough for blisters.

rivka, glad to be of service.

And Farmgirl, I'm proud of you! That brings you back up to 3, right? [Wink]

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you could make money harvesting this thread for estrogen...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

btw I barely take my new steel toed shoes off my feet.

I took my backup old nearly worn out pair of Uggs to the Hatrack campout where they served honorably along with the steel toes.

AJ

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay's shoe collection is impressive for depth and breadth as well as taste.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.