FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » National Novel Writing Month 2004 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2004
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Chris. I'll play around there for inspiration.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty, then. Chris, thanks to you, I've decided to set up my own NaNoWriMo site. It's all your fault!!!!

Here is my NaNoWriMo site.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
To my right was Slash Bowles, production designer.
[ROFL] If Slash Bowles fought David Berserker, who would win?

P.S. Is that a site set up through Nanowrimo? I wonder if I should just stick with my livejournal.

Oh man, I was just reading my livejournal entry and spotted a powerfully ironic coincidence. Li (my nom de plumes maiden name) = lithium.

[ October 29, 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I didn't set up anything through nanowrimo. It's just a subdomain of my already existing owned-by-me domain. Check it out - I rather like the layout!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is everyone so much more organized than I am?
Perhaps tomorrow I will write in my LJ several outlines for several stories I have started but haven't finished yet because I am too young to write them.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Too young to write them?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn there is no such thing as too young to write! Just write, write, write. You'll never get better if you don't write, and if you wait until you're mature enough, good enough, talented enough to write you never will.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Syn, they're right! If you want to write, then write! Don't wait until you're older or the planets align or for a blue or purple moon. Just write!

Nothing else matters! So go and write.

As for organization, it only matters if you need it. I need structure and organization. Without it, I can't produce. My husband needs none, and he can write perfectly fine off the top of his head. What do YOU need?

Belle
Member # 2314

Okay, my HTML impaired self set up a quick and dirty NaNoWriMo page here.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i am geared to do this
but can I work on more than one novel at the same time?
i can't decide which one i want to develop.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Belle - I checked out your site, read your synopsis, and damn, I wanna know what the twisted ending is. Um, not twisted ending. Ending with a twist. Erm, yah. [Mad] Cool!

Syn - have you bee to the NaNoWriMo site yet? There are forums there where you can ask your question of working on two novels. I don't know the answer to that. Check them out.

Y'all know that there's a Hatrack forum there, too? Hatrack on NaNoWriMo

C'mon, we can do it!!!!!

quidscribis
Member # 5124

So. Anyone confused yet? [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Belle
Member # 2314

Man, I'm behind. I only got about 600 words written today - and it's all due to the election!

Oh, well, I've got time to make it up.

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote nada yesterday. I so knew what I wanted to do when I woke up... but then it just... ::waves goodbye::

And of course, today, when I have a History test AND 7:30 math class, I get inspired. AGH.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phy
Member # 7000

- posted      Profile for Phy   Email Phy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm spinning a derivitive space opera with a admitted Firefly vibe called _The Sky Pirate_ here:
http://phywriter.com/archives/2004/11/01/chapter-one-enter-alacrity/

I'm also over at the NaNo forums as Phy.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Took me awhile, but I found this thread. (Yeah, I know I could have used the search, and I did eventually.) I am a member of NaNoEdMo and have been for awhile, but never had a need to use them until now. One of the posts there mentioned that Lulu.com is having a special for NaNoWriMo novels. I know that Mack has used their service before for her novel.

I went and checked the NaNoWriMo site and found a link to IUniverse.com as well. I thought those who participated would like to check out the links.

Lulu NaNo Offer

IUniverse Nano Offer

I have no idea if I am going to take the offer up because my novel just isn't finished, but I did reach the 50,000 word goal, which is a first for me. Yay!!!

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, if anyone wants book covers designed (for free! I need portfolio pieces!), you know where to find me.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, if anyone wants book covers designed (for free! I need portfolio pieces!), you know where to find me.
See... now that's a reason to have your book published. A designer cover by Annie. It would become an instant collectible even if it was drivel. (I am just referring to my NaNoWriMo piece, btw.) Heck, even if you can't get it edited by the expiration date listed, you could have Annie work on the cover for the future. And, we'd be helping her out, as well. (She also said the magic word.... free.)

Annie is cool.

[The Wave]

[Grumble] You would think after all that time of not using contractions it would have become second nature.

[ December 09, 2004, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.