FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My son's evaluations - NEW UPDATE 11/5 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My son's evaluations - NEW UPDATE 11/5
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
that's an option - they are better than his fine motor skills but probably still delayed. It's been a long time since there was a PT evaluation - he stopped receiving PT at 22 months. He was tested then and didn't meet the 20% impairment threshold. But, he may now. He certainly lags in some specific developmental milestones (like being able to hop on one foot, etc.)
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this struggle.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Update - We're headed off to the speech therapist. Wish us luck!

I've been told not to jump to conclusions - I think he's not speech delayed but then I compare him to his sister - and I don't really have much more contact with other four year olds, there aren't any in our church and they aren't in preschool. I considered them far above their three year old cousin, but he was just diagnosed with fairly significant delays.

So you never know.

And I can't believe I'm hoping my son will be speech delayed! [Eek!]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Ok we're back.

Well, I know he didn't get everything right - as I was listening to the evaluation I was kind of surprised - I guess when you're around a child every day you don't notice the mispronounciations and problems with consonant sounds unless you're really listening for them.

then again, I'm not sure how many of that is age appropriate. I know there are some consonant blends that aren't usually mastered until the child is six. I have no clue which direction it will go. We have another meeting on the 19th, and she will give me all the results then.

Daniel was definitely engaging, she can't complain about not having enough to work with. [Big Grin] When she held up a flash card of a car, she asked him what it was and he told her. Then she asked what color it was, and he said "Blue. But my car is white. And my nana's is black. And Daddy has a white truck."

It was something similar to that on every card. I bet this evaluation took her three times longer than most!

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's good news? Or wait and see?

At least it's another step on the road to getting Daniel where he needs to be. And it sounds like he had fun!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

wait and see.

Yeah, Daniel has fun no matter where he goes! Kids got a great personality.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.