FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ivygirl just had a wreck..... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ivygirl just had a wreck.....
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm glad Ivygirl is okay.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad road! Bad, naughty road! [No No]

I am so glad that Ivygirl is not seriously hurt. I hope her aches and pains aren't too bad tomorrow.

I was eye-witness to a similar accident in a rural area near where I used to live. The teen driver in this case lost control on a wet road, went off the road on the right and steered to avoid a telephone pole, popped back up on the roadway, fishtailed and ran right between me and the car in front of me. Rolled down a gully sideways overturning the whole way and came to rest facing the wrong way in a field.

She walked away from the crash a bit frightened and seriously concerned that she'd wiped out her mother's collection of cassette tapes.

Mom, of course, was more concerned about her daughter than the car or the tapes or whatever else.

My 2nd favorite safety device in cars these days is a cell phone. 1st favorite is the combination lap/shoulder belt, of course.

(((Ivygirl)))

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone!

Thanks, I'm fine, just very sore in the head, neck, and shoulders, and have had a killer headache all day. Obviously, though, I'll survive. I admit, that was a TERRIFYING experience, and it's very lucky that when I corrected from going off the road and went close to the other lane, that the car coming at me wasn't so close that they hit me. And right then our normally quiet road had about ten cars on it. One very kind guy happened to stop and give me a ride home so I could call my friend. Not that it was far, but he was headed in the same direction I HAD been going. I thanked him a LOT. But thank you all, I'm okay.

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.