FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXIV: Elizabeth's A Ward (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXIV: Elizabeth's A Ward
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Good one! Sort of a temporal lob.

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I love to play tennis, and I always call "Lob it to me!" Then I usually brain my opponent with a smash.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer football - I like to play wide receiver. But I hate it when the defensive back is always Interferon.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, you are really nursing the sports references.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There were so many of us in the hosptital with needles in our arms attached to poles that we started our own club: The IV League.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read about the controvery surrounding the latest railroad innovation. Apparently there is a company that has invented a new concept in rail system propulsion. Instead of combustion engines they have some sort of wind driven propulsion that beats the air much like a canoe paddle. The company's name is New Row and it is facing severe opposition from entrenched Rail competitors. The latest volley of propaganda from the innovative company read, Use your brain, New Row trains matter.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

When Tom was sailing his boat, it got a bit windy, so he docked 'er.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There was a play I was in, and my friend isis was I it as well. She played the mother. The night befre the show, Isis got really sick, and so on the program, it mentions my friend Celia, who Plays Ma fer Isis.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Elizabeth, did you ever get the present that Farmgirl and I sent you from Sam's club? Or hear from the hospital ward that you were staying in that they got it?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Banna,
I did not, but there are two packages there that I have to pick up. I am sure that they are the ones, or it is one of those.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! There is a mild time sensitivity on them, so the sooner you can get the the better off the present will work in the long run. But it isn't crucial. Probably any time in the next week would be fine.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Then there were the two ladies who interrupted a pun thread with personal chit chat. They asked if they could give the others candies to make up for it: "We'll give you da mint, ya?"

They were crazy to think that'd work.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
An excellent Dagonosis.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Real funny, Dag, but I heard that joke from my friend Simer years ago. Yup, that joke was all Simer's.

[ December 17, 2004, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Come on guys and gals, this thread needs some new blood.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

My mother brought home a strange cantelope one day. This melon o' Ma was unusually dark.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The doctor was in the checkout line when someone asked him about a condition she had. This is very dangerous for a doctor - if he makes a mistake, he can be sued for mall practice.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, good thing he wasn't in JC Penny's. Kwea might have handed that doctor a law suit.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Doctors are good at figuring out what stitch will suit yer.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There's a new drug being tested - hopefully it will replace x-rays. When administered, it turns skin and muscle transparent, allowing direct examination of the organs. Doctors hope this new clear medicine will reduce exposure to radiation in patients.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My favorite band is so great. I mean those Cats Can make an Ultra Sound, you know?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

But they're a bad influence on the kids - they can lead 'em awry.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

True, and the kids can morph ine to little brats.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

As opposed to those teenage fighting heroes who can put their enemies to sleep: The Mighty Morphine Power Ranges.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Yeah, and the bad guy always has to Ty 'em all up.
(stretch, sorry)

Dagonee
Member # 5818

If that's ever used in a commercial, that ad vill stink.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It would be like a baby aspirin' to be president.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oh, I can't Bayer it!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well then, Ah'll leave you alone.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

As long as you don't make me get close to old fashioned pens. Every time I get nigh quill I get sleepy.
punwit
Member # 6388

I know what you mean Dag, I've been feeling sleepy and achy. I've been a bit under the weather. During the day I've found I have to say "Ah sit, amen" often.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It's probably because you've been moving the tile 'n all that other stuff.
punwit
Member # 6388

Kudo's for the tile reference, [Hail]

This awful cough is making it difficult to even enter my password for the different sites I visit. I'll be right in the middle of entering my codein when I start hacking and gagging.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I guess your boss is lowering their expectorantations of you, Punwit.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

He's been drinking too much coughee.
punwit
Member # 6388

Actually I've been so wimpy that I've been staying away phlegm work.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

That blows, Punwit. Heaven nose when you will feel better.
punwit
Member # 6388

You'd think that not working for almost 2 weeks would make a body stir crazy. I didn't do much but read and rest but the time still flu by.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Lizzy, you got some spleening to do!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Aw, Dag, I would rather write you an explanation. We can let a pen decide us.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

This reminds - if you know anyone writing explanations using a laptop, she should switch her leg position every now and then to give her knee a break.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Eeek. If she is cold, maybe she should put some mor col on the stove.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The couple that moved from Alaska was never cold - that duo de Nome thought Boston winters a joke.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
eh ... I haven't been atendon to this thread - but the puns on here are sick!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, we have been nursing this thread for a while, and it does need some doctoring up.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Dear sir, gin seems to be what's needed here.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I have to take Pepcid becaue my sti=omach is rum balling so much. It must be a holiday thing.
punwit
Member # 6388

Hey, Bob, how come you've been silent lately? Whatsamatter catgut your tongue?

[ December 20, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'm sure that's knot what happened.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I miss Bob. He keeps us all in stitches.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.