FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Beliefs about the future (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Beliefs about the future
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Waterworld!

Oh, wait. . . [Grumble]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Teshi ! I am The french nutella defender ! I join you to defend the great taste of nutella (and french cheese, fabulous wine, wonderful french bread,... but it's a secret.)

All other people ! Be afraid [Angst] of the food resistance !! Nutella will win !

AH AH AH !! [Mad]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, Vegemite.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
And so it begins.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, hick peanut-butter-eaters will burn hazelnuts and kangaroo droppings on the lawns of the Vegemites and Nutella-lovers.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Never!!!

And yo know why Vegemite rules? Because this post is mine, fwahaha...

Damn, at least some Aussie credit!

Jonny

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
The Future...Will not happen. It will all end...

Right...

About...

N...

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Future
Member # 7153

- posted      Profile for The Future   Email The Future         Edit/Delete Post 
Still here! [Wave]
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am The french nutella defender ! I join you to defend the great taste of nutella
No, no, no, I am the defender of those who like Nutella (mmm) and Vegemite/Marmite (mmm) and refuse to be forced to choose between them!

However, I do like French cheese and bread [Smile] , and will happily join in your defense in those!

[ December 21, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you like vegemite/marmite made into a hot drink? Fahim makes with with thinly sliced onions and black pepper added. It's actually pretty good, which surprised me.

But nutella? Oh yeah, that rools! [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Never heard of it, quid, and I can't imagine how it would taste (other than liquid marmite!) but perhaps I'll look into tracking down a recipe and trying it.

In the future, in the marmite zone, instead of hot chocolate (which will be banned because of its similarity to nutella) people will order hot marmite at their Starbucks or Second Cup.

"I'd like a Verti (or whatever those silly names are) Hot Marmite please"

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Well, I can give you a basic recipe.

1 cup hot water
1/8-1/4 teaspoon marmite
2 teaspoons onions, very finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Seriously, that's about all there is to it.

Teshi
Member # 5024

[Smile] Tomorrow, if there is marmite in the cupboard, I will try it.

(Too sleepy right now!)

Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Teshi, I think we can form a club :
The good meal club ! [Wink]

All stars come here to taste all the marvelous "produit du terroir" or just a nutella slice of bread (french bread of course or better : brioche !)

Miam miam !! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.