FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woman gives birth to giant baby (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Woman gives birth to giant baby
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm late to the thread, but I just gotta say that this...
quote:
Did it overcook?
...made me laugh out loud in a quiet computer lab and get some very odd looks.

Oh, and mph, my first thought was, "Hey! They could call him Fezzik! or, you know, Andre..."

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
that kid was huge!!! man and I thought I had a large baby!!

a little background ... my mom had all 8 pound plus babies, so I kinda knew that I had that possibility in my genetics (besides that I am 6' tall and my father is 6'6" tall ... we's a big family tree...lol)

now my first baby was only 7 pounds and 10 1/2 ounces, you know pretty average (I did smoke lightly while I was preggers with her *yeah I know BAD mommy*, but she came out very healthy and has developed perfectly)

My second baby however was HUGE IMO!! He was 10 pounds 4 ounces!! (I quit smoking when i got pregnant this time *less stress in my life this time made it easier*) I broke family records with him! *and even tho I wanted an epidural I didn't have time to get it, so he came out natural... oddly enough his delivery hurt less than my daughters did ... go figure [Eek!]

Oh well just wanted to share my "baby birth" story... [Blushing]

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh.

Mango and Banana combined weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces at birth!

This Brazilian baby is more than eight times Mango's birthweight!

[Eek!]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
That's not a baby, that's a toddler!! [Eek!] [Razz]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Obviously the baby was born by Caesarean section," hospital director Rita Leal said.
Whoooo. Yeah.
I think I was pretty well up there on the size scale when I was born. I was two weeks late and breech [Smile] Yeah. I was backward then, I'm backward now.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i'm sorry, kq.
Oh, Sara, I'm sure if you had been my doctor, it wouldn't have happened. So don't feel bad. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to think I could have diagnosed it, but you never know. Anyway, hope it keeps getting better.

[ January 21, 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are probably a lot of different things that happen -- e.g., babies of diabetic mothers not only are generally more weighty, but they also have a different body type. They are like burly, broad-shouldered football players in full uniform. In most babies, the head is the biggest part, so if that gets through, then you can be confident that the rest of the baby can be delivered through the vagina as well. With IDMs (infants of diabetic mothers), the shoulders can be the biggest part (not sure why, but there it is), so there is a very real chance of the baby getting stuck with its head on the outside and the rest trapped in, unable to squeeze out.
I think this happened to my uncle. Gestational diabetes tends to run in my family, and I heard stories about when he was born the doctors had to break his shoulder bones so he could come out.

He's perfectly normal today, so he must have healed quickly.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, like Nicole I have a large family tree, and I'm 6'. As a newborn I was a 10 pounder, too. And I have diabetes.

I'm gonna have huge babies!! [Angst]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.