FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who may be comming to my prom? It's AJ... now pick her dress... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who may be comming to my prom? It's AJ... now pick her dress...
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
oops, I thought it was farmgirl who said it last night (as Iwas falling asleep at the computer)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
She did. I merely alluded to it earlier. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - rivka. I wasn't paying attention, I guess. Sorry! You did beat me to the punch on that one.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*resists temptation to register a new SN* [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! AJ, if there's time while you're in town, pretty please let me kidnap you for dinner or something??
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm all about a get-together that doesn't involve a high-school activity. [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
celia is also not 26.

Actually, I didn't think AJ was 26 yet either. [Dont Know]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha..actually, come to think of it, I'm an engineer (though not the same type as AJ or celia), I've been here a while (thought not nearly as long as either of them), and I'll be 26 in a couple of weeks. AND I've never been to a prom.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Stray, I was thinking that everything but the engineer part might be applied to me, too. [Wink]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, if I can't make it for the prom weekend (which I'm not going to know about until the middle of April, when they pick the puppy up.) I'll definitely come down and see everyone in the clump anyway, sometime in May. The first weekend in May would probably work out much better for me. And the trip wouldn't be complete either way if I didn't hang out with Megan and Stray too!

AJ

Oh and I believe there was a cardigan corgi on Dharma and Greg for a while. [Razz] http://www.tvacres.com/char_montgomery_greg.htm I've never faithfully watched the show but always enjoyed it when it's happened to be on at the same time I was watching TV. Though I've never actually seen an episode that has the dog in it!

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you come in July instead? Then I'll get to see you too... [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You are trying to get her to stand him up?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, no, that's not what I meant... I meant instead of may, if she can't make it.

If she is going to prom, then maybe she can come in july anyway. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, I told stryker from the beginning it was contingent on making sure my schedule was clear, so I'm not standing him up either way!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
And seeing how AJ would be the backup "date".... lol I mean If she can make it, she'll have a ticket... She just might be taking Fugu or some one as her date.....
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
it'lll work out if she is coming, whos date is whos doesn't matter that much. I'm actually debating if I'll go, I had sworn i wouldn't...
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Okay - now I'm officially confused -- because Fugu isn't even in high school.....
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I don't think stryker has asked fugu, but last year fugu went to our prom, and his date wasn't a high school student either (well she was homeschooled). So it's possible he might go again, as I'm thinking i might go.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
No, fugu has no intention of attending, though he might come to a postprom party or preprom dinner outing.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Fugu just needs a little motivation....
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Oh, I might come if you gave me large sums of money, but that's about it.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I know no one's mentioned me going, but what fugu said goes for me as well if the topic ever comes up.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

actually darling you were mentioned, but just in IMs, I assumed that would be your answer.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

yay. You can watch me bounce around for joy.

oh. wait.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope there is a get together on Prom weekend. That would be so fun.

Now I just need to get a hotter date then Aj has. Not that that should be hard. *hides*

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Allegra, Sarah and I are discussing the possibility of setting up another Bloomington con--regardless of whether AJ comes down on prom or at a later date. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I don't get it. Can random strangers crash your prom?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

someone in the junior or senior class has to buy them a ticket. Oh tom this is ot for this thread, but where did you grow up (I saw today it was indiana, and now am curious)
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as they are on a list and have a ticket. Last year no one checked lists or tickets. I was kicking myself for actually spending money on one.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

they checked my ticket, and wouldn't let my date in till I was there (we arrived from a preprom place in different cars).
Raia
Member # 4700

They checked mine too. And I didn't have a date until after we got there.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Wow - that's much different than here. Here, you have to be a junior or senior at the school OR the date of current junior or senior in order to attend. No outsiders that aren't dates of current students. No tickets - prom is free. (paid for through fund raising done by junior class).

Farmgirl

blacwolve
Member # 2972

Yea, that's the rule here to. The thing is, last year a lot of people went stag or else went with a junior or a senior. That meant that they could have a "date" that wasn't a junior or senior. That meant that even though I went with my boyfriend, my official date was my friend Mary, who homeschools and wouldn't have gotten to go to prom otherwise. One of our other friends (I forget who) took Russell as their official date so that he could actually go with Mary.

So basically we just messed with the system. At the time I thought it was really clever, I'm not sure what I think now.

fugu13
Member # 2859

It was just something that let us go together and have some fun together.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Dresses AJ would look gorgeous in:

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2844341&boutique=dresses_n_occasion&category=2376776~2374327~2374331~6001765~6001768&NextStyleID=2844344&PrevSt yleID=2842207

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2864005&boutique=dresses_n_occasion&category=2376776~2374327~2374331~6001765~6001768&NextStyleID=2864009&PrevSt yleID=none

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2795786&boutique=dresses_n_occasion&category=2376776~2374327~2374331~6001765~6001768&NextStyleID=2814555&PrevSt yleID=2814523

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2833387&boutique=dresses_n_occasion&category=2376776~2374327~2374331~6001765~6001766&NextStyleID=2834652&PrevSt yleID=2837993

The black one isn't for prom, but it would look perfect on AJ, who should buy it. It's the perfect all-purpose black dress.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.