FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prayers requested my daughter (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Prayers requested my daughter
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a major problem with was buildup as a kid, too. Doctor irrigated until huge chunks came out. Like really huge chunks.

I wonder if I should do that again?

Oh yeah, and it improved my hearing lots. Still not great, but better than it was.

Belle, glad to hear things are looking up.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, your kids are troopers. I'm so happy to hear that Natalie's okay. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Irrigating with just warm water? Can you use Hydrogen Peroxide on kid's ears?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you use to irrigate the ear?
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband had an ear infection with wax buildup a few years ago, and he ended up using some over-the-counter ear drops called (I think) Ero. They foamed and tickled in his ear a lot, but then when I irrigated it with the bulb syringe after five minutes, it just washed big old chunks of the stuff right out.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((natalie)))
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, okay, Stray, you've just convinced me. I'm gonna do this. But I gotta find the stuff to do it with first.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I would imagine that irrigating your ears when they're really clogged is about like how I feel after I clean my glasses for the first time in a couple of months. It's like, "Wow! I didn't realize how bad my vision was with dirty glasses until I can see again!" [Big Grin]

Glad to hear everyone's doing better.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I irrigated with warm water only, using a bulb syringe. It's long, and somewhat messy, in that Emily got some water on her shirt, despite the fact that I put a towel around her shoulder. I held her ear lobe, and the syringe, and Natalie held a bowl under her ear to catch the water.

It felt like it took forever, I had to change the water I was using to irrigate twice because it got too cold. My doctor said it should be about body temperature.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
I once had tubes. One of them wouldn't come out, so according to what the docs said we went to a physician to take it out. Unfortunately, he also tore out a small piece of my eardrum, annd from that day on I'm not allowed to dive.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
((Belle and family))

Everyone get better, and stay better! [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my ears irrigated once by a doctor long ago -- using warm water. Oh, it felt wonderful! That warm water in my ear just felt so good (it had been hurting). I also hated for him to quit doing it.

But it sure did clear up the problem quick, too.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.