FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Twin question, with a "When does life begin?" twist (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Twin question, with a "When does life begin?" twist
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That does not work for those of us that believed that our spirits/souls exited and lived before we were born on earth.

[ June 18, 2005, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
'zackly.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm, well then I dont know what to say to that. I hadnt even thought of that possibility. But you can bet I will be theorizing in the mean time!
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

Okay, well here is my idea in regards to the soul being around before it was born on earth. Maybe up in heaven there are two souls hanging around that are very similar, and God tells them both to be a part of one person until the time comes when they are to separate? They would still experience the same events the same way. I dont know if I explained that well but I dont know how else to say it. Either way, with the duplication machine doesnt it have to result in two souls somehow? A person cant be soulless as Kama suggested, can they?
Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are inventing a world where souls/spirits always existed AND a duplication machine exists, you can make up those rules yourself. [Wink]

But if you are asking about the realy world, then the question is meaningless since you aren't asking about the real world, since there are no duplication machines. It's like asking about the theological implications if humans had no gender -- it's something that can only be explored by inventing an alternate reality.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

Calvin and Hobbes created a duplication machine years ago, the technology is old and outdated.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.