FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Uncle Orson's Intergalactic Medicine Show (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Uncle Orson's Intergalactic Medicine Show
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused. I don't see it on the homepage anywhere either.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
He was using "homepage" as another word for "website." There's lots of information in threads on the "About OSC" side of the forum.

It was a just a cute joke. [Wink]

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I don't understand why that was funny, but thanks.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Because we are posting on part of that "homepage" right now, about that topic. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
The longest thread on it (though this one may soon pass it) is here and a couple questions are answered here and here.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
My version of the page ( http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/oscims.html ) should now have the proper height, and hopefully work generally correctly in all browsers.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, if I may, I have another art-related thing. There are two green circles (well, ones more oval, but you know what I mean)- the title one and the leaping guy one and they're both different colours green. I'm not sure that really works, especially since they're different colours, not just different shades.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Still some spacing issues in IE and the white section extends down farther in FF, fugu, but it's all visible in both.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I think I figured out why the more I look at that page, the less I like it.

It's because I'm conditioned to completely overlook useless and/or commercial fluff on websites. And unless those pics are going to be clickable buttons (which wouldn't make sense unless they lead to pages dedicated to each piece of fiction), fully 20% of your usable space is just dead weight, something for my eyes to skip over. And since skipping over something takes effort, looking at that page actually makes my eyes tired.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Could you send me IE and Firefox screenshots, Dag?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the simultaneously flat/deep effect. [Razz]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You should have them now, fugu.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.