FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Welcome to the world, my beautiful boy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Welcome to the world, my beautiful boy
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
The birth of a baby is a time of transition and reassessment. Can I interest you in our new Hatrack College Savings Plan? What about Intergalactic Savings Bonds? And you'll want our special Gravity Insurance, because with the wasteful way people are overusing cheap gravity, you know we're going to run out sometime this century and you don't want your children to be caught with their pants ... er ... up.

Congratulations!

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
:::snicker::: Gotta love when Scott gets involved [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] OSC

Congrats to the Space Opera family!!

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats all you Operas. He's a cutie!
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Samuel-- kind of an oddish name, isn't it?

[Big Grin]

Congrats.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Samuel!
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seespot
Member # 7388

- posted      Profile for seespot   Email seespot         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so happy for you, SO! I know you've been ready for a while!
Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! He's so cute! [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Samuel is so cute!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to everyone for the loving congrats! Mr. Opera is seriously considering the Gravity Insurance, along with a skiing condo in Arizona. [Razz] We figure they'll both be an investment for the entire family.

Samuel is doing very well and has gained 4 ounces in the last 2 days. He is an incredibly sweet-natured and calm baby. This last week has been tough, though. He has jaundice so has been under lights pretty much constantly except for nursing time and diaper changes. The home health nurse recorded his level today at 15, and it needs to be around 12-13 before we can stop the light therapy. Thankfully at least we're doing the lights at home instead of the hospital! Mr. Opera's parents are staying with us and taking shifts in the middle of the night to sit up with Samuel since we can't really leave him unsupervised (the lights can cause eye damage, and Samuel is already good at tearing his blindfold off). Thank goodness for good in-laws!

But still...wow. It's so amazing to love someone so completely the second you see them. To be there at the second someone's life begins is truly an amazing experience, and I feel very blessed that I get the honor of raising another child. We've had his ultrasound picture posted on our fridge for the last 5 months, and I can't believe that everyday now I see that beautiful profile in living color that I used to trace over with my finger. Just amazing.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I forgot to add...for those interested in his Hatrack nickname, I'm thinking Space Space Baby is appropriate. As in...

This is for all you Vanilla Ice fans----

All right, stop, collaborate and listen,
Space Opera's back with a brand-new addition,
Contractions..grabbed ahold of me tightly,
Fell to screamin' daily and nightly,
"Will it ever stop?" (I yelled)
I don't know,
Turn off the lights, and I'll blow (and breathe...and blow...and breathe, etc.)

Space Space Baby...he's here, he's here!
We had a Space Space Baby...he's here, he's here!

Now that labor was jumpin',
And the pain in my back really was thumpin',
Quick to deliver, to the point, no fakin',
Couldn't believe how quick it was takin',

Space Space Baby...he's here, he's here!
We had a Space Space Baby...he's here, he's here!

Word to the mutha.

space opera

PS - Yes, the song parody *could* be better, but I have a baby to nurse. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
Congradulations, and wow, that is one cute little baby.

also, lol, that is the best vanilla ice parody describing birth, that i think i've ever read.

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!! The parody is way cute!
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I will pray for your child.
That is a brilliant parody, Space Opera.
In the traditition of Don's granting wishes, I hope you will forgive my previous ill-fated though humourously intended refererence to your being a "fat lady"... the only reason I went there, months' ago, was because of the "Opera" in your screen name played into the "fat lady sings" opera sterotype that is is bandied about... please don't dwell upon that... Be happy with your child!!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to all the Operas, and welcome to Samuel. [Smile]

Phototherapy is a pain, but being able to do it at home (which was very new when my oldest was a baby) is indeed a wonderful thing. Someday you too will treasure the pictures of your little one looking like a roasting chicken. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazal Tov!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera, I am very, very familiar with phototherapy - it took Aerin forever to shake her jaundice.

One suggestion - if they want to switch him to a biliblanket, refuse. The bililight works much faster and the biliblanket is too hard to be comfortable. Aerin did was much more comfortable under the bililight, even with the mask on (she wouldn't leave hers alone, either).

I'm so glad that Space Space Baby is home and doing well. A healthy term baby is a wonderous thing.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I have Space Space Baby stuck in my head.

Curse you, Space Opera! [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Space Opera. He's a cutie pie.

-beatnix

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
My niece Athaliah has a "birthday twin"!!!!

Hooray! Huzzah! Congratulations. Glad to hear that you are both doing well. Rest and relax now, you deserve it! [Hat]

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Just quickly popping in to let everyone know that Space Space Baby is all done with his phototherapy...yay! He actually finished a few days ago, so we've been enjoying settling into having a baby who doesn't sleep in a suitcase! [Smile]

space opera

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
How did I not see this? Congratulations, Space Opera and Samuel!

I'm glad everything's going well. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it, too, because I am a slacker lately. He's beautiful, Space Opera. I'm so glad everyone's doing well. Congratulations.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.