FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Um... what's a "mayfly"? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Um... what's a "mayfly"?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the insect connection right away, first time I saw it. I didn't even realize that it was specific to Hatrack, it was just so intuitive.

But then again, I'm special.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We need to come up with a nickname for the OSC-disillusionment phenomenon, wherein people who have loved his books for years are stunned to figure out that he's not a liberal, and start threads to tell him how very wrongheaded he is, in the hopes that he will finally see the light, thanks to their post, and possibly start up a correspondence friendship, and also get them published, all out of gratitude.
And he'll buy them a pony.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about coming up with new terms is that it has to be almost unconscious both in the invention of the term and its acceptance.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean you haven't gotten your pony yet?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.