FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Riverside Resort (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Riverside Resort
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead. If Tinros uses this against you then just tell her I said its ok.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

- posted      Profile for Grim           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jeesh! I sure hope we can make amends with this resort and make sure that the two can exist together in piece.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

Dont worry, I don't know what I just said either.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

[ROFL]
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
*dials 0 to ring the front desk*
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

This is room 309. Could you send somebody up? We had the Giant's Shadow Chipped Beef on Toast, and now we're having trouble with our plumbing.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, yes, we can do this immediately.

*sends up robot to give Skillery his Chipped beef on toast*

Enjoy skillery. You will also notice lavish bathrooms, and a box of chocolates with your food. And I also suggest go-carting. If you need anything more, simply ask.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

"What's that honey?"

"I can't; I'm on the phone"

"The front desk"

"They say they're sending up more chipped beef on toast"

skillery
Member # 6209

*notices the once lavish bathroom*
Reticulum
Member # 8776

It should arrive shortly. PLease enjoy your stay at the Hatrack Riverside resort.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I shall send a robot up immediately to lavish-up the bathrooms.
skillery
Member # 6209

*Hangs up*

"Honey, get dressed. We're getting out of here"

*Mumbles something about chipped beef on toast*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

What's wrong? You chipped beef with toast is there, and ready to eat.
skillery
Member # 6209

*trips over a small robot, which is carrying another steaming plate of chipped beef on toast*

*drops wife's suitcase, which pops open, sending up a cloud of lingerie*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well then, I hope the robot can help you, considering that most ae 6 feet tall. I urge you to stay, and enjoy your time here.
skillery
Member # 6209

*frantically gathers up the unmentionables and stuffs them back in the bag*

*is amused to see the robot spinning in circles with a stocking pulled over its head*

*discovers an unopened box of chocolates on the floor*

skillery
Member # 6209

*sits in the hallway, leaning against the bulging suitcase, happily eating chocolates*
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Good, you are enjoying your stay.
skillery
Member # 6209

*is startled by a voice*

Who's there?

skillery
Member # 6209

Is that you, Mo Dean?
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I, the resort owner.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I hope you enjoy your stay, for I am going to bed.
skillery
Member # 6209

*feels a shiver run down his spine*

Ghosts?

*hurries back to his room, but finds the door locked*

*pounds on the door*

Honey?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Ret, did you forget that the Mighty Robot Lords took away all the robots except for Borgie?
skillery
Member # 6209

*makes his way down to the bar after a restless night camped out in the hall*

*sidles up to the bar and reaches for some peanuts*

*is unable to grasp the peanuts*

*tries again*

*watches in horror as his hand passes through the peanuts and through the bar's countertop*

skillery
Member # 6209

*hurries back to his room*

*steps around a lifeless form lying in the hall*

*notices an open box of chocolates near the lifeless form*

*recognizes the face of the lifeless form as his own*

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Um...
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Ret, I hope you don't hold this against me, but I need to ask you to not serve the drinks I created(the caffeine section and the freezers). Please. I spent a lot of time coming up with those and persuading Advent to use them, and I'd really appreciate it if you let me keep my creations to myself. I'm asking this out of respect.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*hovers over his lifeless body, wondering if it might have been something in the chocolate*

*remembers that the chipped beef on toast was nearly deadly as well*

*hears a familiar whining sound...something about drinks*

Honey, is that you?

*attempts another try at the locked door*

*falls through closed door*

*finds the room empty*

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
Theres fighting because Ret came over with Steve and started a war!

Hey, now. I did not start the war. I just suggested resort names. Plus, I no longer wish to be affiliated with this project.

Reticulum, kindly remove my name from any of your posts here.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

*wonders what became of his wife*

*hears more whining*

*plunges through walls in search of the source*

Jeesh
Member # 9163

Steve, I'm sorry, I forgot that only Ret started it, but you didn't make it any better.
skillery
Member # 6209

*stumbles upon two lovers who think they have found privacy*

*plunges on*

*slips into what appears to be an office*

*notices a FAX machine in the corner, whining away*

*reads a FAX as it appears face-up*

quote:

R tic l m, k n y r m v

Must be low on toner...
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Well, fill it then.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well then, I see my resort has been quite busy. Anyone need a drink?
Jeesh
Member # 9163

OK, Ret, we have Ammersmat on our menu.
Jeesh
Member # 9163

quote:
Originally posted by Tinros:
Ret, I hope you don't hold this against me, but I need to ask you to not serve the drinks I created(the caffeine section and the freezers). Please. I spent a lot of time coming up with those and persuading Advent to use them, and I'd really appreciate it if you let me keep my creations to myself. I'm asking this out of respect.

quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
FlashSuit Freezer- An assorted smoothie. Various flavors available on request.

1) Dragon: orange and tangerine mixture
2) Phoenix: raspberry, strawberry, and banana mixture
3) Salamander: cherry, strawberry, and red delicious apple blended into a red smoothie of incredible flavor.
4) Scorpion: a sour mix of grapefruit, lemon, and lime. No sugar is added in order to keep that special "sting"
5) Badger: white grape/red grape mixture with shredded coconut
6) Leopard: orange/mango/peach dotted with whole red grapes.
7) Tide: Blueberries, blue raspberries, and red grapes swirled into a wave-like smoothie.
8) Flame: A blend of mango and peach, with just a hint of chili powder to make a spicy smoothie.

Bugger Blend- a coffee made from dark roasted beans. Its flavor starts lively, then dies out about halfway through the drink, only to come back strongly when you only have a few mouthfuls left.

Children of the Mocha- a simple mocha. The coffee flavor isn't as strong-it has more chocolate than a normal mocha. Good for those just starting in the wonderful world of drinking coffee.

Carn's Cappy- a cappuccino with a minty aftertaste, eliminating the need for after-coffee mints. Honor itself is incorporated into the drink.

So sad...
Tinros
Member # 8328

I'm sorry, but it's a strike against my creative integrity to have someone use something I created when I expressly asked them not to.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well, get over it, it isn't a big deal. It is simply font that you created and won't impact anyone's life.
Tinros
Member # 8328

Ret, Hatrack is a place where we respect each other. Respect includes listening to others wishes. It is my wish for you to not use something I created. It is my belief that any other person on Hatrack would agree with me.
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I agree.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well, yes, However right you may be, Is still reserve the right to use them. I do respect you Tinros, and I respect you greatly. I, however feel that I have the right to post this. Unless you bring up some amazing point, I will ignore you about this subject, henceforth.
Grim
Member # 9165

Sooooo, what's going on the resort now?
Jeesh
Member # 9163

We state several times the drinks were copyrighted.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Actually, they aren't. Copywright is law, and I have seen no such documents or proof saying that they are. Saying that they are, does not do anything.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Reticulum, you certainly have the right to use Tinros's post if you wish. It isn't copyrighted. There is nothing anyone can do to stop you. It is, however, incredibly rude and tacky to do it against her express wishes. No, it won't impact anyone's life. But you're acting like a jerk.

Tinros, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I suspect that after everyone reads the exchange on this thread, Reticulum won't have too many customers anyway. If you and Jeesh stop posting here, for example, all that will be left is Reticulum and the ghost of skillery. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Copyright Giants Shadow Bar 2006
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well, however right you may be, I think you are making to big a deal. I try to be nice, and most of the time I succede. I hope that there are no hard feelings from this.

Alright, since I never tried this: May I use your drinks?

Jeesh
Member # 9163

[ROFL]

Everyone, frist rounds on my at the Giants Shadow Resort!!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.