FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Polygamy anyone? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Polygamy anyone?
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Wife one talked Grandpa into marrying her sister and they got along fine. The two of them convinced him to marry their best friend. That worked too. But when a young girl from home (Bornholm) showed up, pregnant from an assault on the emmigrant ship and without family in this country, he married her too. That didn't work. She never felt comfortable in the country or the family. All kidding aside, it would take more effort than most of us are willing to expend to make that kind of relationship work.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*snort* I do that. My Beloved and I were going out. Had a baby sitter and everything. I come downstairs and, in front of our youngish teen sitter, he says, "Tartier."
I imagine that if I were a woman, the mere use of the word "tartier" would convince me to sex myself up for his viewing pleasure.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy the opportunity to strut my stuff, and mourn that there are so few occassions where thigh high boots are approriate. [Big Grin]

The funny thing is, I'm really a very dominating woman in matters romantic. I have to constantly remind myself that the poor man wasn't put on earth merely to cater to my every whim, although he seems to be content to fill that role. *shrug* Ah, the burdens of dommehood. [Razz]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so with you, Olivet.

Psh, I will dress skanktastically whenever I please, and he'll like it because I said so. I am very sad that my boyfriend and I have so few opportunities to go out and be seen together. I'm very much looking forward to the HIM concert next Tuesday. [Razz] It's not our fault we're beautiful. Don't hate.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Psh, I will dress skanktastically whenever I please, and he'll like it because I said so.

It's worth noting that while I would never complain about Christy's dressing "skanktastically," I WOULD be upset if, when I mentioned to her something that she did that I found enormously hurtful or worrisome, her reaction were merely "you'll like it because I said so."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
HIM?!?!
Aw. I wanna see HIM again
After I see DIRU.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Tante, dear, is there something you're not telling us?

Sure there is! There's lots of stuff I'm not telling you. [Razz]
Not with THAT type of post count there isn't! [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:

Psh, I will dress skanktastically whenever I please, and he'll like it because I said so.

It's worth noting that while I would never complain about Christy's dressing "skanktastically," I WOULD be upset if, when I mentioned to her something that she did that I found enormously hurtful or worrisome, her reaction were merely "you'll like it because I said so."
My ideal relationship attitude is that if I would like it if he were doing it, I shouldn't do it myself. I don't always live up to that...but I try.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.