FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wondering what to wear for the day, ladies? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wondering what to wear for the day, ladies?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Loafers, worn jeans, a navy blue polo shirt, and glasses. I have no idea why, but that combination is my favorite outfit on any guy and it has been for YEARS. It almost always gets my attention - I love it.

A closer runner up is boots, jeans, and a plain gray t-shirt.

That's oddly specific.
I know! I don't know what it is. I've liked those combinations since I was 18, which is the earliest I remember noticing it. On the other hand, both seem to be outfits that most guys will wear at one point or another.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Jim-Me: But you have kids, and that's cool and wonderful.

and tiring... and frustrating... and financially draining ... and... yes, wonderful [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon: Rabbit asked if she was the only one who found it sexist.

I said she prolly was.

You're not the hatrack pig =)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know! I don't know what it is. I've liked those combinations since I was 18, which is the earliest I remember noticing it. On the other hand, both seem to be outfits that most guys will wear at one point or another.
Do you still like the outfit if the guy happens to be cursed with perfect vision?

What if the second outfit is worn with a plain white shirt instead of grey?

(I think everyone knows this, but just in case: I'm not flirting; I'm honestly curious)

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The glasses are optional, kind of. If no glasses, then defintely a day or two of needing to shave. For some reason, the navy polo shirt is not optional for the effect. However, I have seen a dark purple polo shirt also work with the right coloring.

Gray is better than white - I don't know why. White is too bright - too loud. Gray is more understated.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend looks ridiculously hot is slightly too small black tee shirts. Not so small that they're hugging his body, just a little tighter than the really baggy ones he normally wears.

Actually, I like that tight but not too tight look on most guys.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
But in your case, blacwolve, it's specific to your boyfriend. When you were single you weren't especially enamored with kinda but not too tight black t-shirts, were you?

I just don't have any outfits that I love seeing on the opposing sex (beyond the standard bikinis&miniskirts ones that every guy has for blatantly obvious reasons), so I'm trying to wrap my brain around that particular phenomenon.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I like a guy in armor. [Big Grin]

Seriously, there isn't one particular outfit I like to see on a guy. I guess I'm like JT in that respect (except, y'know, with the opposite gender).

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Saxon: Rabbit asked if she was the only one who found it sexist.

I said she prolly was.

You're not the hatrack pig =)

I hate it when irony happens to me.

Sorry for over-reacting. Again.

On the bright side, um, hmmmm....

Never mind.

*slinks away*

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, Storm...

I think you would look totally hot in faded jeans, blue polo shirt, loafers, cat ears and a tail.

I could go either way on the whiskers.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Jim-me,

I'm sorry for not phrasing my reply to you better. Don't lose hope, man. [Smile]

Ginette,

Sorry I never replied to you at all, but I'm actually unclear what you are saying. [Blushing]

foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
I went through a time period a little while ago where I was wearing cat ears out in public on a regular basis. Cat ears, devil horns, deely boppers... I liked head gear. I didnt wear it to cater to a specific taste, I wore it because it genuinely made me happy. I'd catch site of myself in a store window and I'd giggle. I'd forget I was wearing them sometimes and wonder why people were staring at my head. It was a great conversation starter, particularly attracting questions from elderly people.
Every now and then, if I wanted to feel sexy and not just silly, I'd wear an outfit to match them, but for the most part it was just the ears.

Man, now I'm feeling all nostalgic for my ears. It's been awhile. Maybe I'll wear some tomorrow...

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Cool. [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
deely boppers.
Are these a headband attached to two long springs with sparkley puffballs on the end?

We got some of those at a party and Eve called them deely boppers, but I thought she just made up a cool word to call them.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
Jim-me,
I'm sorry for not phrasing my reply to you better. Don't lose hope, man. [Smile]

I was just playing it for the humor... I'm well taken care of at the moment [Smile]

Thanks for the well wishes.

The amazing part is I found her on yahoo personals (!)

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
quote:
deely boppers.
Are these a headband attached to two long springs with sparkley puffballs on the end?

We got some of those at a party and Eve called them deely boppers, but I thought she just made up a cool word to call them.

They don't have to be sparkly puffballs, but yep.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Actually, I and others use hte term just to denote miscellany or something that we don't know the name for. Kind of like doodad or thingamabob. So, when foundling said 'deely boppers', I read that as 'various and sundry other stuff'.

Kind of interesting that it is actually something.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

I was just playing it for the humor... I'm well taken care of at the moment [Smile]

Thanks for the well wishes.

The amazing part is I found her on yahoo personals (!)

That's cool. [Smile]

I'm a firm believer in internet dating, myself, so it doesn't suprise me.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
Actually, I and others use hte term just to denote miscellany or something that we don't know the name for. Kind of like doodad or thingamabob.

Absolutely. But there is also a specific meaning.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.