FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Disney's 'The Frog Princess' (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Disney's 'The Frog Princess'
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Littlefoot's mother dying made me sob uncontrollably. [Frown]

But the alligator was still awful!

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first Land Before Time movie.......every single one after that should burn in hell and writhe in pain, suffering for all an eternity and ever more!!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

- posted      Profile for Snail   Email Snail         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Altįriėl of Dorthonion:
I also detested Winnie Pooh. I loved the character design, but the story lines were rather bland and the characters themselves were just too stupid.

Really? I think the original Winnie the Pooh shorts are probably the best thing that Disney has ever created. They capture the spirit and the humour of the books perfectly!

quote:
Originally posted by Altįriėl of Dorthonion:
Emperor's New Groove though, as I've already mentioned, was freakin' awesome. Lilo and Stitch was so-so. However, if you think that The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are not as good as Winnie the Pooh and Lilo and Stich then I must say that I disown you.

You are officially out of my will.

I agree that Emperor's New Groove was better than Lilo & Stitch. The Little Mermaid took a great fairy tale and replaced all the beautiful bits from it with kitsch. As movies Beauty and the Beast as well as the Lion King were both somewhere in between okay and good. In fact none of these three films were truly bad, it's just that they have no place amongst the truly great children animations such as Disney's Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, the old Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck shorts, Miyazaki movies such as My Neighbour Totoro or Spirited Away, or the old Russian version of Snow Queen. (I haven't seen Mulan so I can't comment on how good that is.)

It sucks being left out of your will though. It's okay though, I won't complain. I guess I'll just have to rob a bank. [Frown]

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not in my will either, FWIW.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

- posted      Profile for Snail   Email Snail         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

If I keep being ousted from people's wills at this speed then I will have bought all this arsenic for nothing.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.