FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A good mmorpg these days? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A good mmorpg these days?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You see, that ALL sounds like a grind to me.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to play Pirates of the Burning Sea. I first went to Best Buy and Wal*Mart, but they did not have it. I downloaded it online and got the trial key, and it wouldn't start.

I kept getting an error that the forums blamed on a virus, but I have an updated payed for virus remover. I reformatted a drive. I did everything I could think of to get it to work, but it never worked.

I tried. I throw in my hat. They must not want customers.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a MMORPG, but have you seen WeeWar? It's free, very casual, and has a lot of the tactical aspects you seem to be looking for.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One thing about EQ2, it's very easy to get sucked in and play far more than you want to
Case in point -- This past Saturday night. I got in a group to do the "Daily Double" at about 1am, thinking "No problem, done this zone before in less than an hour."

3.5 hours and 18 deaths later we still couldn't *quite* kill the 2nd to last named. We were a mage-heavy group and that guy reflects 90% of any spells cast at him, so it became a long fight of attrition while the 2 melee people we did have tried to whack him down, the healers had their hands full vs his nasty AE he threw every 45 seconds or so, and the mages tried to simply burn down the doggies he'd summon (also about every 45 seconds or so). we got him to 3% health on the last try, but.....

Yeah, that was a lot longer than I intended to play that night.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.