FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Liberal? Blame your genes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Liberal? Blame your genes
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Mal, are you conscious of the extent to which you distort the truth in your posts?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Mal, are you conscious of the extent to which you distort the truth in your posts?

Is this a rhetorical question or do you expect an answer? I assume if you could provide proof of my "distortions" you would've done so already.

I hope our next president is either the first latino or the second African American. (Actually a real African American...not a half-African American).

Rubio or West for president in 2012.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I assume if you could provide proof of my "distortions" you would've done so already.
Why do you make this assumption? Do you think that having had proof of your distortions provided to you in the past on this site has in any way altered your opinions or behavior here?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

My opinions and behavior are reflected by me. There are people following these threads that do not comment. Just as there are voters that watch political commercials. Individual comments and political commercials lack substance.

If you're going to say I "distort"....you ought to prove it. Of course Allen Grayson said that the Republican healthcare plan was, "die soon" Grayson lost election today. Assertions and statements aren't reality. Liberals don't like to debate conservatives...they resort to slander and fear mongering. I've commented on Hatrack for over two years.....finding a quote of "distortion" ought to be easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

quote:
There are people following these threads that do not comment.
You're playing to a hypothetical audience, then, instead of engaging in actual conversation?

quote:
Liberals don't like to debate conservatives...they resort to slander and fear mongering. I've commented on Hatrack for over two years.....finding a quote of "distortion" ought to be easy.
Mal, what's hard is finding a quote from you that isn't distortion. The "problem" is that you always change the subject or otherwise ignore it when you're repeatedly proven wrong, and it can get a little exhausting for the rest of us to expend energy on, for example, pointing out that the quote "assertions and statements aren't reality" would be a perfect ironic rejoinder to your empty "liberals and conservatives are defined the way I say they are" assertion in another thread.

But I suspect you know this, which is why I asked -- because if you don't know this, perhaps you'll appreciate being informed.

MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
Nations with national healthcare do have McDonalds...pay twice as much for a burger though.

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

quote:
quote:
There are people following these threads that do not comment.
You're playing to a hypothetical audience, then, instead of engaging in actual conversation?

quote:
Liberals don't like to debate conservatives...they resort to slander and fear mongering. I've commented on Hatrack for over two years.....finding a quote of "distortion" ought to be easy.
Mal, what's hard is finding a quote from you that isn't distortion. The "problem" is that you always change the subject or otherwise ignore it when you're repeatedly proven wrong, and it can get a little exhausting for the rest of us to expend energy on, for example, pointing out that the quote "assertions and statements aren't reality" would be a perfect ironic rejoinder to your empty "liberals and conservatives are defined the way I say they are" assertion in another thread.

But I suspect you know this, which is why I asked -- because if you don't know this, perhaps you'll appreciate being informed.

Again, you made well spoken statements but failed to "prove me wrong". If, as you asert,....one simple example of my consistent distortions should be easy.

There are black conservatives and gay republicans. Liberals are the ones to stereotype. Democrats like a coalition of groups. What about the 1% of gays that are conservative republicans? Can you claim to be the party of the minority when you reject the lesbian african american conservative?

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."
Ayn Rand

Allen West and Marco Rubio are the most extreme of minorities....racial minorities that are Tea Baggers.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

No. We can stop wondering about this. He is legitimately clueless as opposed to being a willful distorter.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
Again, you made well spoken statements but failed to "prove me wrong". If, as you asert,....one simple example of my consistent distortions should be easy.

quote:
Nations with national healthcare do have McDonalds...pay twice as much for a burger though.
Look.

Right there.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
pay twice as much for a burger though
Of interest.

Sure, things like burgers are slightly more expensive in Canada and the UK. Related to taxes? Perhaps.

But on the upside, free health care. I know what I'd rather have.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aris Katsaris
Member # 4596

- posted      Profile for Aris Katsaris   Email Aris Katsaris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's why we are a nation of laws. Laws defend individual rights.
So the ban on use of marijuana, which *individual* right does it protect?

quote:
There is a thin line between individualism and criminalism. We live in a country that no longer can say "illegal immigrant"....
Which *individual* right is protected by a ban on unrestricted immigration?

quote:
It is illegal to enter this nation without approval...
Because of a law that by following *your* own logic is tyrannical and oppressive as it doesn't defend an *individual* right, but instead the collective right of citizens to determine who enters their nation.

Mind you I support such a collective right: I believe the citizens of nation should have the right to determine who else is free to enter their nation. But it comes in contrast to *your* logic, which seems to believe only the defense of individual rights as valid, and everything else "oppressive" and "tyrannical".

Posts: 676 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.