FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I couldn't disagree with you more! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I couldn't disagree with you more!
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Guns dont kill people, monkeys with guns kill people.

Joss Whedon not only has a thick Spanish accent but he recently finished the fifth season of Firefly, and like the three before it he burned the only evidence it ever existed.

I am Orson Scott Card.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
I am Spartacus.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Seasons happen because during some parts of the year, the earth is closer to the sun than at others.

And It's winter in the southern hemisphere during the northern hemisphere summer because the southern half of the planet is on the opposite end of the orbital ellipse. You can only actually cross the equator during the spring or autumn equinox.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Heya T_Smith, I think you accidentally typed "n't"
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I am Spartacus also.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I'm Henry the Eighth, I am.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Heya T_Smith, I think you accidentally typed "n't"

This is not a place to disagree with me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ace of Spades
Member # 2256

- posted      Profile for Ace of Spades           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.
Posts: 431 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
The assassination of John F. Kennedy was a suicide via time-machine.

Orson Scott Card, with the right makeup, would make the perfect Ender.

I gave up thinking for lent--and ceased to exist.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
Orson Scott Card, with the right makeup, would make the perfect Ender.

[Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
The humor found in Cheers doesn't translate at all to today's audience.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers ended with a three part episode about Norm needing a new kidney, which finally introduced his wife who would not donate her own kidney after all the years of him beating her in a drunken rage.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Brian of Nazareth!
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Twilight was the second best book ever. Right behind Eragon.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
The exposition in book 10 of the Wheel of Time could have been a little more drawn out.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Chuck Norris is a namby-pampy milksop jellyfish.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Politicians never lie and always have the best interest of the American people at heart.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
hatrack isn't neurotic
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Monahan:
Chuck Norris is a namby-pampy milksop jellyfish.

he really is though
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah Palin would be the best president the U.S. has ever seen.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Charlie Sheen has recently been offered a position on the Harvard staff, teaching a class on ethics and morality.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

The Surgeon General announced today that new research indicates that smoking cigarettes prevents cancer, improves circulation, and increases vitamin levels. Also smoking more then two packs a day grants you the ability to levitate.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm seeing quite a lot of posts (including one of mine) that quite a lot of of people would agree with. Fail!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

You are a pretty, pretty girl, that is for sure.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*preens*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Despite a popular misconception, water is not the universal solvent, equal parts griffin saliva and unicorn urine is.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

**Official notice**

We will begin the first round of voting for best wrong statement right now. I will contabulate the votes and announce the winner of the preliminary round at the end of the day.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled disagreement.

AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

quote:
Originally posted by adenam:
My liberal arts college is great preparation for the real world.

+1
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
This is not a place to disagree with me.

+1
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more.
+1
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
We will begin the first round of voting for best wrong statement right now.
+1
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more.
+1
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

As there is a three way tie for first place, I am using my veto powers (granted by the Noodly Appendage of the one true God) to declare...drum roll please...no?...come on...fine...no drum roll...jerk...

The winner of the first round of I couldn't disagree with you more is...
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
William (known only to friends as Bill) Clinton would have entered the priesthood due to his pious nature if not for the loving devotion inspired by his delicate wife Hillary.

Five falsehoods in one sentence, well played Sir!

And to start off round two...

AchillesHeel, your winnings are on their way to you via Pony Express.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yeah, he's known to his friends as Chucky.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

You can keep the winnings, I'll take the pony instead.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Round two is going really well!
happymann
Member # 9559

Republicans and Democrats are now best friends.
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

You are only supposed to say things that no one can agree with.

Exhibit A.

happymann
Member # 9559

And in the vein of this thread, that clip had nothing to do with my comment [Wink]
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

No one here reads recreationally.

Kids are in no danger when they have unsupervised access to a pool.

The Edema Ruh are not merely gypsies with a fantasy novel name on top.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
God frowns on the Bible, but he was most pleased with the Crusades.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
48÷2(9+3)=2
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Rakeesh is my best friend.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

This topic does not resemble a deflating balloon, sinking lower and lower.
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Toddlers and Tiaras is the best show on TV.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Swampjedi:
Toddlers and Tiaras is the best show on TV.

Because it teaches parents how to live for their children rather than through them.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-Put
Member # 11752

- posted      Profile for J-Put           Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody disagrees with this statement. And that means I win.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.