FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Food in the US (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Food in the US
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by coppertoe:
the place was packed--PACKED--with illegal aliens

THE HORRORS!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've lived in several countries... the place was packed--PACKED--with illegal aliens...
You know, as a legal immigrant to another country I've become a lot more sympathetic to the problems that people have trying to emigrate to other nations and the sometimes impossible obstacles that they face. I understand how lucky I am to be able to live where I want.

I guess for some people it goes the other way.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Bella, there's also the fact that while the population of Southern California has a much higher percentage of Hispanics than it did in the 80s, many of them are citizens and legal residents. And unless one is demanding to see documents from everyone, how anyone thinks they can identify who is legal and who is not from casual contact is beyond me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know there are many legal immigrants too, but I just think it's a shame that someone who has lived away from their native country is anti-immigrant and has little sympathy for those less fortunate than themselves.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Agreed, certainly. My point was that the blatant anti-Hispanic bigotry was pretty distasteful as well.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he was concerned about all the illegal Australian immigrants wandering around California.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*twinkle* Considering that Australians have a special class of visas that apply just to them, I doubt we have many of those.
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Going back to the OP, I took this photo this afternoon.

I am "obese".

I can also run 3 miles in 17:30 or spend 16+ hours/day running around wearing 100 lbs of gear in 120 degree weather.

*shrugs*

[ March 25, 2012, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Dogbreath ]

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
double post.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.